Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Hauling the family and boat
1db5d3ce9daa8099e5ffaeafe034a7ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Camping off grid north of Grand Junction CO

191.jpg202.jpg185.jpg203.jpg
15 days, 2200 miles, 5 states and all of Yellowstone. Moby the Duramax van pulled stumps the whole way without missing a beat, had a great time. This last camp was about 5 miles off the road, sky was amazing as was the moon that night, looked like an African Savanna out there...

jdreier

Observer
I'm a long time viewer of Expedition Portal. I'm now feeling compelled to share my van. A 2004 Astro with a 4in lift and a freshly installed pop-top off a mid-nineties Aerostar Chinook. I plan to post a formal build thread here eventually once I find some free time. But for now, here's my van after I installed the pop-top.

_DSC3289.jpg

I'm a long time viewer of Expedition Portal. I'm now feeling compelled to share my van. A 2004 Astro with a 4in lift and a freshly installed pop-top off a mid-nineties Aerostar Chinook. I plan to post a formal build thread here eventually once I find some free time. But for now, here's my van after I installed the pop-top.

View attachment 363087

That's really cool! I just wish I was shorter so I could fit better in the Astro.

Stroverlander

Adventurer

View attachment 363087

Good looking van, nice work and looking forward to your build thread!

jdreier

Observer
Good looking van, nice work and looking forward to your build thread!

Thanks man. I have to admit, your build has been a inspiration for mine. I can't count how many times i've gone through the threads on here while gathering info for my lift and other astro / camper related things.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
If you were referring to me, I hope to put some heavy duty springs in the rear for load and a mild lift. - but that will be awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was... heavier springs would also do the job. I've used air bags with good results... More flex,better ride, adjust-ability.That said, only after going the spring route didn't give the desired results.

It's also tempting to use a set in the front... but time will tell. I'm getting used to the new rear springs.

RIMG0039.jpg

It is leveler than it looks... the driveway also has a slope. It does slope about 5" in 21'

radorsch

Adventurer
Was Everyone in Yellowstone?

We were also in the Yellowstone area the first couple weeks of August. Mostly camped in Lizard Creek Grand Teton and explored Yellowstone and Grand Teton from there. We also spent a few days up near Livingston MT and kayaked on Jackson Lake. Phenomenally beautiful.
Just got back on Tue night from our trip. Looks like I don't have many pictures... I think they are all on the wife's good camera. But here are a couple ok ones.

Our first campsite in Grand Teton
image.jpg

Raia enjoying the view of Grand Prismatic Springs runoff
image.jpg

Our main campsite in Lizard Creek for exploring Yellowstone and Grand Teton
image.jpg

A little paddling on Jackson Lake
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member