Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Hmano Foto

How much does it cost to do a 4x4 conversion? Does it have to start on an AWD or a RWD platform?

Weld Tech offers the 2X2 kits for Gen 4 vans and now…ta dah!!, he has them for the Gen 3(78-92) vans…super stoked to be the test subject on record for that process! They have a great site with info and pricing that you could check out.
The 4X4 conversion comes in around the middle range of companies and options that are out there…some are available for less than 10k but may involve owner wrench time. The other end of the scale would be Sportsmoblie which they have listed at 17.5k, Agile has its own idea of how to get the best ride and performance and bases their system off a Dana 50 split axle up front(TTB). I have driven a similar Class B with the Agile system and it seemed to drive very smooth.
IMO most of the vehicles for conversion are in the full size range and therefore start off on a 2X2-RWD platform.

Would not AWD already denote a 4X4 system?

Would not AWD already denote a 4X4 system?

Thanks for the info. As for the AWD, I believe that is different than a conventional 4x4 system in that it lacks the ability to go into 4-lo. I know on the Astro vans it just involves doing a transfer case swap, but more knowledgeable folks can feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

Railvan

Adventurer
Thanks! There should be quite of few of us hiding here near Vancouver... At some point we'll all need to hookup!

Cheers
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

I'd love a van meet near Vancouver. I'd cross the border for that from B'ham. A Sunday would be best for me. (I work Saturdays).

Abitibi

Explorer
I'd love a van meet near Vancouver. I'd cross the border for that from B'ham. A Sunday would be best for me. (I work Saturdays).

Let's keep that in mind then. We don't usually just meet up, we simply head out camping instead but next free Sunday that we plan on wrenching on the Vans it'd be great to have you come by. One of our friend is just 10 min from Peace Arch...

cjken

Explorer
35bc21857c8b7d8c6de45f4d7a1f70b5.jpg

Sent by magic, I mean come on really, pictures through thin air, MAGIC!!!

That M37 looks sweet!! (Is that a m37???)

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
Leggs put this together from our last visit to Manitoulin island.

Lake Huron was too high to drive down the beach so we took to the water. We ended up at the same spot as last year where our previous fire pit was under two feet of water.

e5e45258b44e2f1aff241fb0f9ac0fce.jpg

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

Gtdad

Adventurer
Let's keep that in mind then. We don't usually just meet up, we simply head out camping instead but next free Sunday that we plan on wrenching on the Vans it'd be great to have you come by. One of our friend is just 10 min from Peace Arch...

I'm heading to Tofino sept 23:) the ocean is calling

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Oops in Yellowstone

IMG_20160816_143818_526.jpg
Pulled up on the Gravel Bar at Yellowstone Lake yesterday and buried 13000 pounds (scaled it on the way home) of Duramax van and trailer right to the differential...borrowed 1/2 Dodge from a guy (he didn't know how to put his truck in 4low) and had van/trailer out in 20 minutes, gave him $100 bill as thanks. I have always owned big beefy 4WDs with winches, gear, etc, this heavy 2WD thing is pretty funny...

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
I'm heading to Tofino sept 23:) the ocean is calling
Tried to pm you but didn't seem to work tonight... Taking the ferry from the peninsula or coming through Vancouver? Let's see if you can plan something!

Jb1rd

Explorer
Adventures with Sasha

Loaded up my faithful co-pilot Sasha and took Kris out for a little off pavement (thought it was going to be a 4x4 excursion) exploring but never got out of 2wd. I did however put it in 4lo for the descent :sombrero: So it kinda counts!! I can see where having an RB chassis would come in handy, the poser shot shows just how long this beast is and getting a better departure angle is crucial for anything significant.
FullSizeRender_3.jpg
FullSizeRender_1.jpg
IMG_2742.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 62

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles