1997 E350 2wd Coil Spring replacement.

motoboy125

Ok folks so I plan to put in Moog CC880s coil springs in along with the Maxx Lift 2in front block tomorrow. After its all done I'm bringing it in for a alignment and camber adjustment and throwing on some 265/75r16 Handkook Dynapro ATM. How do you replace the coils? I really want to find the easiest was so I'm not breaking **** all day and also I gotta make it to the alignment appointment by the end of the day.

Also if my front end is too high, what rear lift blocks will work for the leaf springs? Thanks for all your help guys. I will post pictures on Thursday when the tires are on and ready to go.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
When mine were swapped, the keeper bolt and strap were removed from the top of the coil to the bucket. With the van jacked up the coil was then tipped out. The replacement then tipped in, in place and the strap was reattached to the top.

In my case the I-Beams, Radius Arms, Coils, Steering linkage, shocks, brakes, etc. were all swapped at the same time. If you can get your hands on a tight front end from someone's scrap pile, it's by far the easiest way to freshen up a sloppy front end.

I'm getting new rear packs tomorrow. Hopefully, when the dust settles it'll be level and ready to go for another 20 years... I know nothing I'll do to it will compare to the many years it served saving lives.

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Good luck with that.

You will likely end up with way too much front lift and will not be able to correct the camber change.

I though you were going to go with 285's.

PM set your way...

Ok folks so I plan to put in Moog CC880s coil springs in along with the Maxx Lift 2in front block tomorrow. After its all done I'm bringing it in for a alignment and camber adjustment and throwing on some 265/75r16 Handkook Dynapro ATM. How do you replace the coils? I really want to find the easiest was so I'm not breaking **** all day and also I gotta make it to the alignment appointment by the end of the day.

Also if my front end is too high, what rear lift blocks will work for the leaf springs? Thanks for all your help guys. I will post pictures on Thursday when the tires are on and ready to go.

motoboy125

Ok I'll try it will just the spring 1st if I like how it sits I will go with that. If not I'll keep stock springs In and go with spacer

Gtdad

Adventurer
There is no way with the cc880s and 2 inch maxx lift you will be able to get your suspension camber properly set up.

I put cc880s springs in my 5.4 e250 traverse camper which is heavyish build . I got a 2.25 inch lift and 2 5/8 bumpstop clearance.
I had my rear leaf springs cleaned up with new pads one more leaf and 1 inch block so when I load up to go away i am level.
I am slightly oversprung (i am fine with that) but alignment shop was just able to to get my camber correct with adjustable bushings but near the limit.
The cc880s are supposed to be mostly for e350's with 7.3 engines or V10 gas.
The cc880 are more suited 5.4 gassers giving 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 lift depending.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
There is no way with the cc880s and 2 inch maxx lift you will be able to get your suspension camber properly set up.

I put cc880s springs in my 5.4 e250 traverse camper which is heavyish build . I got a 2.25 inch lift and 2 5/8 bumpstop clearance.
I had my rear leaf springs cleaned up with new pads one more leaf and 1 inch block so when I load up to go away i am level.
I am slightly oversprung (i am fine with that) but alignment shop was just able to to get my camber correct with adjustable bushings but near the limit.
The cc880s are supposed to be mostly for e350's with 7.3 engines or V10 gas.
The cc880 are more suited 5.4 gassers giving 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 lift depending.

Do you happen to know weights?

I may need to add some blocks or do something else... I've not picked up mine from the spring shop, but they told me on the phone that the rear is now 2" higher in the back after installing the new springs. Don't know for sure where they measured... but tomorrow morning they're adding a small lift block on the drivers side to level out the lean. I'll not know for sure till I pick it up... Ambos all seem tail high, but I'm hoping it's not too crazy.

Surffj62

If I wanted to lift the front slightly on my '14 E350 5.4 gasser- what would most choose-??
Maxx Lift leveling kit or Moog springs cc880 springs. 75k miles.

Just put on BFG 265/75/16 ATs with no rubbing but close!

Hope I'm not hijacking but this could be a enlightening thread.

Gtdad

Adventurer
I'd say springs.. Cc880s for around 2 inch lift but cc880 probably be a nicer ride .
Best price I found on springs was on Amazon.ca that's where I bought my springs ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles