A Rig Named Scout and its Adventures

joelwho

Adventurer
Some of you may have noticed... Scout made the Featured section here on ExPo. I'm very humbled that I was asked to participate. Working with Brandon Libby was a treat. Give the article a look, if you haven't already. Thanks!
5192dfc450dd25a7b834d97b6ddaaa80.jpg

http://expeditionportal.com/featured-vehicle-2005-nissan-xterra/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joelwho

Adventurer
Also released on the same day, Scout made the cover of OutdoorX4. Talk about shock. An ExPo article AND the cover of OutdoorX4 in the same day!!! I'm beside myself. I'm truly humbled. Please pickup a copy of OutdoorX4 and have a look. They are doing great things there, as well.
d850202fed350ecda05a40e609e90f5d.jpg

bigskypylot

Explorer
Awesome! That photo was taken just getting in to Sinks Canyon outside of Lander, Wyoming in late June. Was pretty windy that evening. I wish I had more time to explore down there!

joelwho

Adventurer
Awesome! That photo was taken just getting in to Sinks Canyon outside of Lander, Wyoming in late June. Was pretty windy that evening. I wish I had more time to explore down there!

I'd love to make it out to Wyoming. Beautiful country

bigskypylot

Explorer
I'd love to make it out to Wyoming. Beautiful country

Well, I was in Bozeman but job situation is taking me elsewhere for now. Hoping to get back there sooner than later. When I get back out there, you're more than welcome to come out to Montana for some exploration!

joelwho

Adventurer
Well, I was in Bozeman but job situation is taking me elsewhere for now. Hoping to get back there sooner than later. When I get back out there, you're more than welcome to come out to Montana for some exploration!

That would be rad!

joelwho

Adventurer
Definitely!!

So, How is the Solar mount setup holding up on the hood? How did you do that? I am trying to figure a way to do it up top with the RTT but may be more trouble than it's worth

Right through the hood...
c9bb416d90e2b028fe83fed02672fb79.jpg
de6e49b6206b2086f5cda62e76dc1aad.jpg

It's held up well. Rock solid!

If you find a way to mount a panel up top with the tent, please share. I want one more

bigskypylot

Explorer
Right through the hood...
c9bb416d90e2b028fe83fed02672fb79.jpg
de6e49b6206b2086f5cda62e76dc1aad.jpg

It's held up well. Rock solid!

If you find a way to mount a panel up top with the tent, please share. I want one more

I'm trying to figure it out, too. The Yeti 400 I'm using takes a max of 120 input so just the 100w briefcase panel I have will do, I guess. I took the wet box cover off and use it to store my annex (wrapped in a tarp and strapped down), but think I may try to make a mounting bracket to mount at a slight angle. Perhaps making it like an air damn on a tractor-trailer?

joelwho

Adventurer
I'm trying to figure it out, too. The Yeti 400 I'm using takes a max of 120 input so just the 100w briefcase panel I have will do, I guess. I took the wet box cover off and use it to store my annex (wrapped in a tarp and strapped down), but think I may try to make a mounting bracket to mount at a slight angle. Perhaps making it like an air damn on a tractor-trailer?

Check out @garretthanska on Instagram. He built a windshield for his CVT tent.
923e717d7205420eef15382a94d5d6ec.jpg

I have yet to use my annex. Too heavy. I already carry too much weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz