SherpAlypto - FOR SALE $149k

LoRoad

Adventurer
Due to unforeseen circumstances - as documented <CLICK HERE> password protected by this ridiculously difficult password: sherpalypto we are forced to sell the dream. Read more on the link. Thanks to all the wonderful folks on the forum for their years of support, comments, and amazing knowledge.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Terrible news. I can pretend but I can not truly grasp the reality. All the best to everyone.

Regarding the truck I am a bit confused. I thought you had this at blissmobile and the rig was finished? Or is this a different truck?

LoRoad

Adventurer
Just realized, not everyone knows what SherpAlypto looks like. Link above to learn more, but here's a snap.

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 12.22.37 PM.jpg

I find the possibility of adding the T30 transfer case with 2.47 low range intriguing. But it does have 1.09 high range which means if one wanted to preserve 60-65mph cruise speed one would have to switch to 14.00R20s (same rims). With the CTIS do the rims have beadlocks? Is the hub diameter 281mm and bolt circle 335mm(in order to fit the large number of near new Hutchinson MRAP wheels currently on sale on Ebay)?
Charlie

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Due to unforeseen circumstances - as documented <CLICK HERE> password protected by this ridiculously difficult password: sherpalypto we are forced to sell the dream. Read more on the link. Thanks to all the wonderful folks on the forum for their years of support, comments, and amazing knowledge.

Very sorry to hear about your daughter and I hope that you and she are able to see this through. There are always other vehicles to be had.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Keeping this thread up high, letting you know that folks are keeping you and your family in our thoughts.

LoRoad

Adventurer
I realize that the purpose of this thread is to sell the truck, but given the well wishes by so many wonderful people here I wanted to pass along an update. Last week she had her operation and the tumor has now shrunk significantly - and while we do not know unequivocally that this will be the end of it all, this is great news for her. We will know in about three months if this operation was a true success or not. Thank you for all the well wishing and prayers - you're all top notch in my book!

RangerRocket

Observer
Thoughts and prayers to your daughter, you, and the rest of your family as well Rodney. I just found last night out that my daughter also has to have surgery to remove a mass in her neck. Hopefully the growth is benign. The biopsy is next week. I will be traveling out to Fort Bliss (El Paso), TX at the end of August for a couple of weeks to help her with her recovery. Her husband just deployed to Germany/Romania in early July for the next 9-12 months, so I'm sure she will appreciate the company and support from Dad. We are less than a year out from "retirement" and hitting the road full time in Unicat TC54 and our Jeep Rubicon. These things certainly put a damper on those kind of plans and dreams... never any joy in seeing one of your children fall ill, particularly something that is life-threatening. Stay positive, and we'll see you on the road once both of our daughter's recover!!! By the way your photography is beautiful, think I saw at least one of your photos when the wife and I were at the Smithsonian last Christmas.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Praying for your daughter and all of you Rodney. If we can do anything to help you in town, you know we're close by.

-Jeremy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles