Anyone have an Outlander (V6)

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Kind of tossing around the idea of selling my Fit and Sport in the next year or so and picking up something new to keep for 10 years. On the short list is an Outlander GT (also a new tacoma sr)....probably new as they can be had for 25k and dropping or a 2013 (I like the mini tailgate). I like the AWD system as it seems like one of if not thee best one out there in a crossover and I like that it can be had with a v6 and a standard auto instead of a cvt. Plus it can tow a bit and removing the 3rd row makes for a ton of space. Ground clearance is good enough for most stuff and 16 steelies with 215/70r16 (grabber at2's) should fit stock.

There's virtually no information out there on these but has anyone had one?

Fuel economy?
Reliability?
Any sort of decent forum?
AWD issues?
Other thoughts?

No idea why these aren't at least as popular as the Outback but it's mitsu so I can't be but so surprised.

Last edited:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I had one and loved it. Quite possible the most reliable car i've owned. That V6 is something awesome, SOLID car and the 6 speed was great. I averaged 28-32MPG and my wife averaged 23mpg or worse because she only know wide open throttle. We traded it in at 98k miles and it never had any issues mechanically and ran just as good as it ever did. The only problem we had was one of the hatch struts leaked (replaced under warranty 50k) and the driver seat belt made a rattle noise when you pulled it out (replaced under warranty 80k) I'd buy another and actually looked for one before buying my '05 Montero but i couldn't find the right one (color and options).
Also I bought the Outlander to replace my wife's Forester because it threw a rod through the block, the Outlander was at least 9 times better than the Subaru and probably 3 times better than our GX470 but those are poorly built automobiles. It is not however better than the newest Montero you can't buy.

vhercules

Colleague of mine has a 2010 outlander v6. He likes it and has been very reliable with around 120k kms and no issues. Just regular maintainence. He has used it to tow small trailer few times and no complaints on power. Awd is good and has the selector mode for snow, and 50/50 lock. Ground clearance is much better than the other crossovers (except subarus) at 8.5 inches.
The new model looks and drives very well and can be had much cheaper compared to most other crossovers. Overall a very good vehicle that is overlooked in favour of CRVs, rav4s and rogues of the world.

BOPOH

Explorer
I like them :) Dont have one but i did go to dealership to seat in one. I'm 6' and set behind myself in all 3 rows without moving seats, i was really considering one but steering wheel looks weird

Octotat

Observer
My ex has one, she got it while we were still married almost 4 years ago. She does a TON of stop and go driving, and she has had no problems with it all. Great car, but the infotainment system confused the snot out of me. If I got one for my use, I'd throw the low profile tires and 18 inch wheels it came with out and get a bigger tire, smaller rim. That would help with the fairly harsh ride it had.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
My ex has one, she got it while we were still married almost 4 years ago. She does a TON of stop and go driving, and she has had no problems with it all. Great car, but the infotainment system confused the snot out of me. If I got one for my use, I'd throw the low profile tires and 18 inch wheels it came with out and get a bigger tire, smaller rim. That would help with the fairly harsh ride it had.

Ya it looks like 16" wheels with general grabber at2s will fit.

plh

Explorer
A new Mitsubishi dealer opened semi near by my work (a LOT closer than the other ones in the metro area) 2 months ago. Dealer also owns a Nissan dealership - so maybe something happening in regards to the partnership. Anyway - ordered some suspendion parts from them for the '05 and picked them up tonight. Took the opportunity to test drive an Outlander (was a 2.4l unfortunately all they had). I gotta say I liked it. They said a V6 model will be available in mid-October. Going to go check it out for the wife.

cnutco

Adventurer
It is not however better than the newest Montero you can't buy.

Love that little zinger at the end!

If Mitsubishi ever brought the true Montero back to the states, I would be in the dealership the next day joining the waiting list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz