Project MULE - Expedition build on a 1991 1500 4x4 Suburban

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Hey guys Im still around. Just been busy with life. As much as I love the truck it is going to be hitting the market and we are going to get back into a CJ, maybe a YJ. Its been a fun truck and a great building experience. We have since purchased a class C RV and some Dual sport bikes so we have been doing that a lot. The truck is almost sad sitting there all alone. Ive learned a lot from this build and I plan to implement some of these ideas into the CJ. I will also take the planned 5.7 TPI that was slated for the truck and move it in top the Jeep. We want to be able to pull the Jeep behind the RV and we plan to get mor einto local 4x4 search and Rescue to having a smaller vehicle will help in tighter spots. We miss that Open air feeling of the CJ.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey guys Im still around. Just been busy with life. As much as I love the truck it is going to be hitting the market and we are going to get back into a CJ, maybe a YJ. Its been a fun truck and a great building experience. We have since purchased a class C RV and some Dual sport bikes so we have been doing that a lot. The truck is almost sad sitting there all alone. Ive learned a lot from this build and I plan to implement some of these ideas into the CJ. I will also take the planned 5.7 TPI that was slated for the truck and move it in top the Jeep. We want to be able to pull the Jeep behind the RV and we plan to get mor einto local 4x4 search and Rescue to having a smaller vehicle will help in tighter spots. We miss that Open air feeling of the CJ.

Lets see some pics of your new ride Mr Mule! Cheers, Chilli...:wings:

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Both are a 2013 and 2014 Honda CB500X. Part of their Adventure line. Still street bikes but a bit taller suspension and you can build them to be fully offroad capable. They are dirt cheap. Usually around $6,500 out the door new and 4K used. EFI and for me avg of 54mpg. I commute 72 miles a day so its was kind of needed!

1stDeuce

Explorer
I'm not sure I'd call those bikes "dual sports", but they are nice!! Skimmed your build a bit, and it looks like you have some work into that truck!! thanks for posting it all here, it gives us ideas!!

It's nice to see that AZ treated it well... I haven't seen a truck that clean in a LONG time!!

Good luck with the RV and motorcycles!!

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Never did call them Dual sports. A dual sport is a dirtbike with lights. Once I am done building them they will be fully single track capable. More so then your run of the mill BMW Mainly do to there size and weight. Rally Raid out of the UK makes a full ADV kit for these bikes with new taller suspension, and a 17" spoke rear and a 19" spoke front.

When done with the Rally Raid Stage 3 kit.
cb-xsimps.jpg

CB500X-Adventure-005.jpg

Rally-Raid_CB500x-Adventure-Heritage.jpg

lt1fire

Adventurer
whats the plan for the burb then? sell it? keep it? part it out?

sucks to see you go from it but those are some awesome bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles