The "Az Crew" Thread

PA_JERO

Adventurer
This weekend kicked ********. Saturday night was a hoot, lots of crazy az crew madness happening. Always awesome to see the group out being cool, and especially awesome to get FullMonte out here to hang with us.

On a side note, the expo was great. Lots of cool people to meet and talk to. There was a lot of great vendors out, a couple that we are used to seeing were not out but still a cool event.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Hey you crazy AZ guys! Just made it home, thanks everyone for being so freaking cool! You guys have a beautiful state, I'm glad I was able to immerse myself in it and I'm overjoyed to have met the legendary AZ crew! Lordtrunks, that sleepless night was worth that full day of off-roading! Till next time!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
It was windy.

It was. Sunday dawned to a whole new set of physical parameters, however, and the winds had died down quite nicely. At least the bugs couldn't hack the wind to bite me.

Strangely, it took a lot less gas to drive home than it did to get there. Maybe the 6000' elevation change had something to do with it.

Cool meeting you FullMonte.

John B.

Oso

Forest Defecator
Not sure I'll make Dusy this year as the dates are clashing with rest of my life. I'd like to try to set up a meeting/trip btwn the NorCal crew and AZ crew. Maybe early November in Death Valley? Goler wash is on my to do list. DV is huge and there's a ton of stuff to explore. The stars are bright so I tend to bring my telescope. Thoughts? You guys interested?

FullMonte

Adventurer
Not sure I'll make Dusy this year as the dates are clashing with rest of my life. I'd like to try to set up a meeting/trip btwn the NorCal crew and AZ crew. Maybe early November in Death Valley? Goler wash is on my to do list. DV is huge and there's a ton of stuff to explore. The stars are bright so I tend to bring my telescope. Thoughts? You guys interested?
That would be awesome... if this happens I'll try to see if I could squeeze this in along with the Dusy trip.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Anyone going out this weekend?….. a brisk 118-120! I'd like to attempt to crack the manifold completely off if I can this weekend to help with the "removal" process….. before new ones go on

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Well, some of you may remember that I had a BFG KM2 tire that came apart on IncorpoRatedX when he was bringing my '95 back to my house after engine surgery some months ago. I sent the tire back to Tire Rack and was told no credit would be issued since the tread showed signs of chipping, indicating it had been used off road, which makes perfect sense, right? I emailed them back saying how I thought it was more than a little nonsensical that an off road tire shouldn't be used off road and then be expected to hold up on a highway drive home. Tire Rack responded by sending my tire back to the folks at BFG with a 'wait and see' request to me.

After further review, I have been issued a credit of $125.96, which I believe is quite fair, considering the tires are now approaching 5 years of age, albeit with considerable tread depth left on them. It's nice to know that Tire Rack listened to my response and went beyond their BFG field representative's initial decision. It's nice to know that BFG took the time to look at my tire. And I hope my tires don't fall apart on the highway any more.

John B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles