Coil spring spacers and trailing arm bushings -Mercedes G - W460,461,463

McBride

Adventurer
Titus Pullo Bushings - durability test

So ... Titus Pullo Suspension was our bushing sponsor for the 2016 Sonora Rally Raid. If you have any questions about their performance or durability this video should answer your questions. This is 5 minutes of a 4 day rally raid - extreme heat and extremely brutal terrain. We had zero issues! Thank you Titus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trjdq7qseKU

William and James

Titus Pullo

Adventurer
So ... Titus Pullo Suspension was our bushing sponsor for the 2016 Sonora Rally Raid. If you have any questions about their performance or durability this video should answer your questions. This is 5 minutes of a 4 day rally raid - extreme heat and extremely brutal terrain. We had zero issues! Thank you Titus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trjdq7qseKU

William and James

Thanks for the kind words guys! It is entirely my pleasure and a great honor to be part of this adventure - both as the truck ex owner and parts sponsor.
I had no doubts about both - I know this truck in and out; as for the bushings and lift kits - they are tested and proven on all the rough terrain available from Mongolia to Australia and from North Alberta to Sonora.

zimm

Expedition Leader
titus, you should charge more. have you sen what AEV charges for their lifts speciously engineered to allow to use of stock springs, that arnt mere spacers?

Titus Pullo

Adventurer
titus, you should charge more. have you sen what AEV charges for their lifts speciously engineered to allow to use of stock springs, that arnt mere spacers?

No, the price is right as it is, not planing on increasing it. Thanks for the input though. BTW, you was one of my first customers, years ago, remember?

And again - the lift kits and the bushing kits are always available - keep buying ;)

TechMOGogy

Observer
How large a spacer can be used on a 463 before you have to start changing things like break lines etc?
Sorry, I don't know much about G's and did not see the info
Thanks,
Dan

Titus Pullo

Adventurer
How large a spacer can be used on a 463 before you have to start changing things like break lines etc?
Thanks,
Dan

I will say 2" (50 mm) is the lift that can be done safe without opening a can of worms - no longer shocks or brake flex hoses required, no need of caster correction kit, no further modifications required. I can easy made and sell 3" lift kits but I want my customers to be happy, not to start modifying their trucks more end more.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Thanks,
Dan

i wouldnt go beyond 2 without messing with the control arms either. your geometry will be screwed, and steering squirrely.

TechMOGogy

Observer
So I am thinking about 40mm or 50mm spacers
Can anyone running either of these spacers comment on them - benefits, handling changes, any negatives, what size tires, etc
Any and all information appreciated.
Titus - can I call you to discuss?
Thanks,
Dan

Covello

I'd also love some first hand, real world experience with these!!

So I am thinking about 40mm or 50mm spacers
Can anyone running either of these spacers comment on them - benefits, handling changes, any negatives, what size tires, etc
Any and all information appreciated.
Titus - can I call you to discuss?
Thanks,
Dan

ILIAN

Adventurer
I think over 35mm lift will give vibrations. A lot of people don't have a problem with 40mm lift because they have added weight to the vehicle and the stock springs have sagged over time.

McBride

Adventurer
So I just picked our G500 up from the mechanic today following the install of your bushings and I wanted to say thank you. What a difference!

It is a 2000 G500 and has now has 160k miles on it - I bought it at 135k. Our mechanic said the old/original bushings looked intact but upon disassembly they were completely dissentegrated. I should have done this a lot sooner. 100k is probably when it should have been done, if not 75k.

It is so much "tighter" and responsive - no more sloppy feel...

Again, thanks for such a nice product.

William

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles