2006 GMC Sierra Build

ZMagic97

Explorer
Well, I finally decided I was done with these M/T. So I finished painting the other rims this weekend.

How they looked this morning before getting tires mounted:

Before mounting:

After!

I still have to swap the brush gaurd: that'll be next weekend most likely.

As for the tires: I cannot believe how much more pleasant this truck is to drive. No bouncing steering wheel, no more re-aligning every coupole months, and no more noise in the back ground. I feel like I'm driving a 4X4 Bentley in comparison.

ZMagic97

Explorer
I'm attending a BBQ later today, and while Phoenix is already getting warm and fast, today's cloudy day was a perfect excuse for me to finally install the brush guard.

Apparently it came with LD (Light Duty) and HD (Heavy Duty) frame mounts. I had an idea which ones I needed...but not how to install them. After poking around online, I found the install instructions. Which, was great because I was convinced this "new" one wasn't going to fit.

Old guard off, trying to understand the mounting:

New one on, doing alignment:

After:

Burb One

Adventurer
Hi,

Love the truck, especially the shell.

Saw you posted over the the GMT800 thread, that you had an RCX kit.

Could you check on the right side output shaft of the front diff, where the RCX spacer connects the CV and Diff, how much play that output shaft moves? Mine has some play, and wasn't sure if they were all like that or if I screwed something up when rebuilding the diff awhile ago and the CV spacer exacerbates it.

Thanks!

ZMagic97

Explorer
Hi,

Love the truck, especially the shell.

Saw you posted over the the GMT800 thread, that you had an RCX kit.

Could you check on the right side output shaft of the front diff, where the RCX spacer connects the CV and Diff, how much play that output shaft moves? Mine has some play, and wasn't sure if they were all like that or if I screwed something up when rebuilding the diff awhile ago and the CV spacer exacerbates it.

Thanks!

Right side meaning passenger...correct?

Edit: just checked: I have about 1/8" - 1/4" of play back and forth. Just checked.

Burb One

Adventurer
Right side meaning passenger...correct?

Edit: just checked: I have about 1/8" - 1/4" of play back and forth. Just checked.

Sorry, yes passenger side.

Also, is that "up/down/forward/back" play or "out/in of the diff"?

Mine has some out/in (which i assume is normal considering how the axle is captured in the diff) but also some "up/down/forward/back" play which is the type I am worried about.

Thanks again!

ZMagic97

Explorer
Sorry, yes passenger side.

Also, is that up/down/forward/back play or up/down?

Mine has some out/in (which i assume is normal considering how the axle is captured in the diff) but also some "up/down/forward/back" play I am worried about.

Thanks again!

That measurement was just back and forth (parallel to the ground).

As far as up and down elevation wise, it doesn't budge.

Also, I forgot to thank you for complimenting the truck. Thanks! :smiley_drive:

Burb One

Adventurer
Sorry to be a nag, but one more question, this has been bothering me for awhile and want to make sure I am 100% sure before I take it off my list:Mechanic:

By "back and forth (parallel to the ground)" do you mean back and forth out of the diff (parallel to ground and perpendicular to forward direction of the truck) or back in forth from front of the truck to back of the truck (parallel to ground and parallel to forward direction of the truck).

Thanks, I owe you one:bowdown:

Last edited:

ZMagic97

Explorer
Sorry to be a nag, but one more question, this has been bothering me for awhile and want to make sure I am 100% sure before I take it off my list:Mechanic:

By "back and forth (parallel to the ground)" do you mean back and forth out of the diff (Perpendicular to forward direction of the truck) or back in forth from front of the truck to back of the truck (Parallel to forward direction of the truck).

Thanks, I owe you one:bowdown:

Haha no problem. By parallel I meant out of the diff. Or from differential to wheel hub. I can only move it from the differential to the hub, not up down, side to side...etc.

Burb One

Adventurer
Welllllll, shoot, time to shoot the messenger. Just kidding.

Now looking forward to another hour of my life of dropping the diff(or at least that axle shaft)and changing that outer bearing and seal. Must have messed up the bearing when installing.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94