Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

LionZoo

Observer
Car is a work in progress.

24419454789_78a59beda3_b.jpg

lps72pp

What size Geolanders did you go with?

I went with 225/65/17s. I had to trim the front mud flaps quite a bit. I'll probably just take them off and get some Gorillas or Rally Armors eventually, but trimming has worked so far with very slight rubbing under hard braking while turning etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianpark

IMG_4758 2.JPG

Up the side of the Fraser Canyon a few weeks back. The exposure was fairly hectic in some parts, but it was a great little weekend trip to get things dialled in for summer.

MattW

Matt
My last vehicle was a 97 Land cruiser we affectionately called the Valdez because of some oil consumption issues and what gas hog! I miss the LC’s capability but found I didn’t really use it that much. and with 220K on the odometer it was time to start shopping.

We bought the Forester last December and so far so good, I am enjoying the 30mpg on long trips!

I think this car will be called Yoda, think “rugged I am…” but my family just calls it (Her?) “lil rugged”

This is from a couple of weeks ago at the upper Owens River. I drove around most of the mud and survived without any desert pinstripes.

I really don’t have much planned for upgrades etc. I have a tow bar installed for my aluminum skiff and a roadside tool kit. small lilrugged.jpegSubi o the way to fish.JPG

This is my bone stock 2003 Forester with 142xxx kms on it, i just picked up a few weeks back and am saving money for some modifications, hoping to use this rig as our camping vehicle so we can get off the local roads an into the back country a bit more. all i've done to it so far is stereo up grade lol.
DSC_0370_1.jpg

DSC_0371_1.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0370.jpg
    DSC_0370.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 70
Thought you guys migh want to see my new custom steel rear offroad bumper I helped design and had it fabricated by LEadfoot Offroad in Socal. I have a 2 3/8" lift in the rear and when fully loaded down with gear there is no saggy butt. Only brought down 1/8" after bumper was installed. They plan on maing these for future Subarus as they roll through. New mufflers are in the works.

Untitled

FullSizeRender 2

FullSizeRender 5

Untitled

DanCooper

Adventurer
"Thought you guys migh want to see my new custom steel rear offroad bumper I helped design and had it fabricated by LEadfoot Offroad in Socal. I have a 2 3/8" lift in the rear and when fully loaded down with gear there is no saggy butt. Only brought down 1/8" after bumper was installed. They plan on maing these for future Subarus as they roll through. New mufflers are in the works."

Thank you for showing and sharing. That is a great looking bumper!

CurtStyler

Observer
Awesome stuff, saw your pics on Instagram and loved it. I wonder if they would be able to adjust the design for an Outback. Carrying extra fuel has been a problem without any outside mounting points and the roof taken up by my RTT. I would also have a lot more room inside if I could move my spare outside of the vehicle.

The lack of aftermarket parts for Subarus has been a major buzzkill, although I feel like they have been getting more attention.

Great work and sick ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADVSubaru

Observer
I follow you on Instagram FozRoamer. I definitely love that rear bumper but I know something custom will cost a pretty big penny so I was looking at the Wilco Hitchgate.

The lack of aftermarket parts for Subarus has been a major buzzkill, although I feel like they have been getting more attention.

Subaru's are definitely niche in an already niche market. More and more companies are developing products, though!

2 E L O

Adventurer
Thought you guys migh want to see my new custom steel rear offroad bumper I helped design and had it fabricated by LEadfoot Offroad in Socal. I have a 2 3/8" lift in the rear and when fully loaded down with gear there is no saggy butt. Only brought down 1/8" after bumper was installed. They plan on maing these for future Subarus as they roll through. New mufflers are in the works.
That thing is killer. Well done!! That is quite a tent/awning setup. I don't think I've ever seen that before, but I really like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94