Seats for Ford F-550 Single cab

The Dirtlab is almost done--Yea!! Now we need seats. The existing bench seat is horrible, actually worse than horrible. I am hoping that some other Ford seat will be a direct bolt in replacement. Have any of you out there delt with this problem?

Gatsma

Adventurer
Try to find a 40/20/40 seat out of a fairly new F-150-350 w/ fold-down storage console.
I have a '13 F-150 and it has a seat I could sit in ALL DAY w/no problems; and my back ain't that great!
Before that I had a '03 F-250SD that had an equally good seat.
I know, because I HAVE gone on all-day trips w/ both trucks without any backache. Your back will outlast your bladder.....

adam88

Explorer
Try to find a 40/20/40 seat out of a fairly new F-150-350 w/ fold-down storage console.
I have a '13 F-150 and it has a seat I could sit in ALL DAY w/no problems; and my back ain't that great!
Before that I had a '03 F-250SD that had an equally good seat.
I know, because I HAVE gone on all-day trips w/ both trucks without any backache. Your back will outlast your bladder.....

+1. This would be the cheapest way to go IMO. Why the heck didn't ford put the 40/20/40 bench seat in ALL the trucks? Why the hell was it an upgrade? No truck should have ever rolled off the line with the horrible bench seat. It can't have cost them anything extra to put a damn fold down center console in instead of a straight bench. I love my 40/20/40 bench :) Very comfy. Oh and the vinyl is awesome too. So easy to clean.

UP

30c0kmc.jpg

DOWN

jzcegp.jpg

Gatsma

Adventurer
It WAS an upgrade; they've been standard for quite a while now...
And regardless of whether it was an option or not, there are TONS of them in junkyards for very nice prices!

AuntieM

Observer
It WAS an upgrade; they've been standard for quite a while now...
And regardless of whether it was an option or not, there are TONS of them in junkyards for very nice prices!

Thanks for the pics! The grey vinyl would be my choice as well. Finding them seems to be another matter. I am here in Southern California, surrounded by 13 million people, and you would think I was trying to find the holy grail. If anyone out there has a source please let me know. Meanwhile, the hunt continues. Thanks to all!

Gatsma

Adventurer
Are AuntieM and Olddog the same person?
BOTH from Apple Valley, BOTH joined in May, though 1 yr apart.

We are not the same person, however we are in the same home. My wife joined before I did. We were in Portland and I couldn't remember my password, hence I used her log on. We are getting ready to merge. Although, we have different opinions and questions.
We found our seats and will be installing them soon. Thanks for the answers.

MTAA

Adventurer
+1. This would be the cheapest way to go IMO. Why the heck didn't ford put the 40/20/40 bench seat in ALL the trucks? Why the hell was it an upgrade? No truck should have ever rolled off the line with the horrible bench seat. It can't have cost them anything extra to put a damn fold down center console in instead of a straight bench. I love my 40/20/40 bench :) Very comfy. Oh and the vinyl is awesome too. So easy to clean.

UP

30c0kmc.jpg

DOWN

jzcegp.jpg

Just double checking, does this style seat bolt directly in? I have an '04 F550 with the bench seat and it only has 4 bolt down locations. This looks a lot better, just wanting to make sure I do not need to drill any additional holes etc.

Thanks.

adam88

Explorer
Just double checking, does this style seat bolt directly in? I have an '04 F550 with the bench seat and it only has 4 bolt down locations. This looks a lot better, just wanting to make sure I do not need to drill any additional holes etc.

Thanks.

Yes they are all compatible with the bolt holes as far as i know

SBF351

Pick up a set of take out 40/20/40 vinyl seats from a 2011 or newer F250-550.
VERY comfortable and supportive, easy to clean, durable etc.
Best seats Ford (or anyone) has put in a base model work truck, ever.

Ps for guys converting from a bench to 40/20/40, your bench will use 4 bolts (one in each corner) and the newer seats will use 4 bolts per unit (4 for driver seat, 4 for center seat/console, 4 for passenger seat).
In the two trucks I've converted, neither had the extra holes in place, had to be drilled and nut/bolt/fender washered.

Definitely worth the time and money tho, great upgrade - especially for long road trips or long nights of plowing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles