New additions to my GEN3!

montero98ls

Observer
Was thinking about setting up lights all around too for setting up camp, but figured the cost is not work it. Would like one for backing up tho

cnutco

Adventurer
Very cool. But wait...you're going to have those on all four sides of the basket? UFO reports will skyrocket when you light all of those up at once! :luxhello:

True, but I don't think I will ever have a need to turn them all on at one time. I don't purposely go off-road at night.

Was thinking about setting up lights all around too for setting up camp, but figured the cost is not work it. Would like one for backing up tho

Cost is not too bad... (Ebay)
My main use and desire for these is for a photoshoot. When I finish shooting in the evening it is dark and I always feel as if I am leaving something behind. I search with my flashlight to be sure. This way I can just flip a switch for the rear lights and light it up!

montero98ls

Observer
Cost is not too bad... (Ebay)
My main use and desire for these is for a photoshoot. When I finish shooting in the evening it is dark and I always feel as if I am leaving something behind. I search with my flashlight to be sure. This way I can just flip a switch for the rear lights and light it up!

That's a good idea since I'm sure your camera set up is expensive. More of a justifiable reason than me being too lazy to carry a flashlight to set up lol.

I'll have to check eBay.

cnutco

Adventurer
Road less traveled.

909a56453c96708a297d14009533d66a.jpg

faeff55984cb1038957634ef481f54b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnutco

Adventurer
Stand up and shout!!!

60d85bd65512498f8ffc6c400203c474.jpg

There were a couple of motorcycle riders that stopped to watch. Of course, they thought the Montero was going to fail.

I really enjoyed disappointing them!!!

cnutco

Adventurer
I agree, but from where?

It is #19 on my list on the first page of this thread, but other than making them myself, I can't find someone willing to make them.

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Looks like some fun there :)

And true, skids is on my list as well for my '03, need to find where to get some decent/affordable ones.

cnutco

Adventurer
I'm still looking for a fabricator to make me an ARB style rear bumper, but I keep saying that I will not lay down the $$$ till I rip the OEM bumper off.

Well, here I go salvaging my poor plastic bumper. Heat gun and 15 minutes and it looks good enough to me.

fd8e60efd946a5aee86aaa4439dbd360.jpg

d27c3f00abf9a82382530ea28f034d08.jpg

53d32ed94fd0d75e70d6b06951b50695.jpg

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
That's a great job. I'm the same way: not going to think about replacing it unless it gets destroyed. Thanks for posting...very inspirational! :luxhello:

JAVYPRO

Observer
How did you remove the upper glove box, did you drill out the lock? this seems to be a problem on Gen IIIs.

Javy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94