Project Victory_Overland 08 LR3 Build Thread!

That is at "normal" height but I am running about 1.5" lift in front and 1" lift in back thanks to the IID tool.

Here's a closeup of the front bumper trimming I had to do to make room when i put the .75 spacers on. The screw in the bottom that holds the fender liner is actually relocated about an inch forward of its normal location.

That's awesome. Exactly what I want since I'll be running about the same lift. What size tires are you running right now in those pics? Also, fender trimming is not going to be a factor since my front bumper will be a TR or ARB. My factory front bumper is smashed and not worth the cost to replace when I can fix all of that stuff with one bull bar bumper.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
That's awesome. Exactly what I want since I'll be running about the same lift. What size tires are you running right now in those pics? Also, fender trimming is not going to be a factor since my front bumper will be a TR or ARB. My factory front bumper is smashed and not worth the cost to replace when I can fix all of that stuff with one bull bar bumper.

Those are the 285/50/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ

Silmarillion

Observer
Just to confirm, that white reservoir looking thing in the first picture on the first post is the wind shield washer tank? That looks like a PITA to change! I was recently told by Firestone Automotive that mine was cracked...not looking forward to figuring out how to replace that one...ugh (they wanted $180 for the part from the dealership and $180 in labor = $360)

Just to confirm, that white reservoir looking thing in the first picture on the first post is the wind shield washer tank? That looks like a PITA to change! I was recently told by Firestone Automotive that mine was cracked...not looking forward to figuring out how to replace that one...ugh (they wanted $180 for the part from the dealership and $180 in labor = $360)

Yes, that sure is. Mine is in good shape with no cracks. I have not started breaking anything else down just yet. The parts that are off the front now were done by the body shop when I had it towed in there after the accident. This was part of their breakdown assessment on damage and they put everything in the back of the Landy with a bag of hardware. The good news is, I think from what I have read, they have done the hard part getting the bumper and all the BS out of there....:wings:

I plan to start this weekend on removing everything to get to the front of the engine. I am pretty sure I have to relocate or replace the washer reservoir for my off-road bumper of choice. Any factory take offs that are good, might be up for sale.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
ARB fronts can mount the washerbottle in relatively the same place. No idea on TR one, but I assume its the same. Worst case you could just make your washer bottle out of something else? ;)

So I have the front completely taken apart now and ready to start replacing all of my parts.

Since I'm in there and access is super easy, im doing all new coolant hoses, water pump, thermostat, both tensioners and belts, bleed valve and plastic coolant tubing. Since I'm at 80k on the motor and I've zero failures in that department, I'm guessing it's best to do it all now.

Can anyone think of anything else that is a complete ********** to replace that might be worth doing while I'm completely opened up?

One mod I'm looking to do in the near future is the Traxide Dual Battery.

Is the LR3 factory alternator a good alternator or is there better out there for long term Overlanding and use? This thing looks like a bear to change by its location. Since I'm in here, is there a better upgrade or heavy duty alternator I should be considering?

Thanks all,

E

DiscoDavis

Explorer
IMO the stock alternator is fine for traxxide. Have not heard of problems but other can chime in. I do not run a second battery yet.

IMO the stock alternator is fine for traxxide. Have not heard of problems but other can chime in. I do not run a second battery yet.

I think I'll stick to what I have. I noticed the access under the right front wheel and it looks like if I have to go to the alternator, that would be the place to go in. Gonna leave it be until I need to mess with it. I have not had any charging problems so why mess with it!?!?!?

AC Condenser Shroud.jpg

Does anyone know the part number for the small shroud (Red Arrows) that goes on top of the AC Condenser on the LR3? My tabs are broken and I am just going to order another one. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Last edited:

ColoDisco

Explorer
This should help.
http://cat.lrparts.ru

It's in Russian but you can navigate by image, once you click on the part number in the image it will populate below and give you the LR part number. Keep in mind this is the factory parts catalog, it will have all engine types, LH and RH drive so you may need to try each different image to find your exact build.

Last edited:
This should help.
http://cat.lrparts.ru

It's in Russian but you can navigate by image, once you click on the part number in the image it will populate below and give you the LR part number. Keep in mind this is the factory parts catalog, it will have all engine types, LH and RH drive so you may need to try each different image to find your exact build.

Awesome, thanks so much. According to LR, it is referred to as a Radiator or Condenser SEAL. I found the seal on Parts.com as well as the air deflector behind the bumper/grill which I needed as well.

Thanks again!

I've made some awesome progress on Victory! I will say the first major accomplishment was actually getting the order placed for my IID Tool from Lucky8. I look forward to that gem getting here soon.:wings:

Saturday and Sunday were full of progress on getting Victory back on the road and closer to the trails again. I started off by removing the radiator support and cutting the radiator cross support out of the truck. I have a new one on order and hope it will arrive this week. I will drill the spot welds from the mounting points once I have the new piece in hand to ensure measurement and line up. I then began the detailed process of removing and tagging all good and bad parts. Most stuff that came out may have been good, but due to accessibility and being at 80k mileage, it was replaced anyway. I kept the old so I'll have emergency spares on the shelf if needed.

IMG_478397408-7.JPG
Cut the cross support to start the removal process!
IMG_8704.JPG
Out with the old!
IMG_8706.JPG
Wash down and degrease!
IMG_478397407-2.JPG
New hoses, plastic fittings, housings, thermostat, bleed t-fitting! (Atlantic British)
IMG_8713.JPG
Water pump replaced, OEM on top (Plastic impeller) Delco bottom (Metal impeller/seal) OEM will sit on the shelf for an emergency spare.
IMG_8714.JPG
IMG_8715.JPG
New pulleys/bearings, idlers, primary/secondary tensioners, primary/secondary belts! (Atlantic British) All appear in good shape, but replaced anyway due to mileage.
IMG_8725.JPG
New radiator, old was damaged! (Atlantic British)
IMG_8724.JPG
New AC condenser, old was damaged! (Atlantic British)
IMG_8722.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles