Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Outwardbound

Observer
What happened with the PW?

First it wouldn't start 2 times in 2 weeks. 2nd the fender flare was coming away from sheet metal, 3rd was death wobble and that was it for me. Had 5500 miles on it. Sad too because I loved it. All bells and whistles and road amazingly for a HD pickup. But I shuddered to think about road trips or offroading far from home in it after the death wobble.

Outwardbound

Observer
Outward bound....You have an LR3 and a new 4Runner. They are pretty equal in many ways. How would you compare them?

I had the LR3 in 2011. Anyway, LR3 had more low end torque IMHO. A TON of space and storage inside. Ergonomics were great. Handled ok, a ton of body roll around corners. But after a while you realize heavy thing is planted well and you're fine. Reliability is nothing anyway near Toyota rep and there are so many computer modules running the truck that you needed an engineering degree to fix it.

Watt maker

Nice looking 4runner!

First it wouldn't start 2 times in 2 weeks. 2nd the fender flare was coming away from sheet metal, 3rd was death wobble and that was it for me. Had 5500 miles on it. Sad too because I loved it. All bells and whistles and road amazingly for a HD pickup. But I shuddered to think about road trips or offroading far from home in it after the death wobble.

It's crazy that Ram is still dealing with the death wobble on new trucks today. We were dealing with that 20 years ago. In 20+ years they still haven't solved the death wobble. As for not starting, you're not alone. I know another person that was dealing with the same thing. Not sure if it's fixed or not yet. Another person I know was dealing with his new PW just shutting off. Runs great around town then once he's in the mountains it just starts shutting down. It's kind of sad because the PW is kind of the ultimate off road rig available straight from the factory.

Outwardbound

Observer
Nice looking 4runner!

It's crazy that Ram is still dealing with the death wobble on new trucks today. We were dealing with that 20 years ago. In 20+ years they still haven't solved the death wobble. As for not starting, you're not alone. I know another person that was dealing with the same thing. Not sure if it's fixed or not yet. Another person I know was dealing with his new PW just shutting off. Runs great around town then once he's in the mountains it just starts shutting down. It's kind of sad because the PW is kind of the ultimate off road rig available straight from the factory.

I agree. I figured with all of the PW upgrades, they would upgrade steering components. I know the die hard PW owners say it's part of owning one and to upgrade to Carli components and what not, but I shouldn't have to drop 2K in steering and suspension upgrades on what was designed to be an off the shelve off road/heavy duty vehicle.

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
Hidden Falls - Marble Falls TX

From a day trip a few weeks ago. I have tons of pics that I cannot get to the others that were on the trip...

Attachments

• 20151219_143157.jpg
    20151219_143157.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

mouse007

Explorer
Safari Tacoma Snorkel..!!

Safari Snorkel, installed it this past weekend..!!

IMG_1131.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles