Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks Greg! I think you were parked two rows behind us at NWOR this year. I thought I recognized your rig and looked back through my photos. We were parked two rows ahead of you and had the black Jeep with the Habitat camper. You have a pretty nice setup yourself!
Ward

Wait, you and Mark(Jeep) were at NWOR this year? <headbang>
Got any pics of where you were camped at?
Hopefully you're both coming back in '16? Would love to put a face with a (screen)name.

-Jeremy

Healeyjet

Explorer
We sure were!

In fact I rode with Mark on the advanced trail ride! I Rode in his amazing Cummins diesel converted Jeep TJ

Annie and I were in about the third row from the front opposite from the entrance side.

I am pretty sure this is Greg's red Jeep on the right side of this photo.

We would love to go back in 2016 and will if we can swing it. The dates I think are June 23rd to 26th and our son is getting married on the 18th. We may have to escape town to relax a bit after hosting a wedding. That and take the new rig for a cruise! Really had a good time at NWOR and met some great people.

Ward

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
Hmmm I might have to come to the NWOR and see the rig then. I stopped by for the day the last two years. My dogs would go ape poop trying to camp there....

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Oh yeah Ward, I saw you guys there. Sweet JK! That is Greg's Cherokee. Looking forward to meeting up next time.

And is Mark's a 4BT?

What's new with your build?

Healeyjet

Explorer
Well our project has advanced a stage as of yesterday. Fabrication was all finished last Friday so as of yesterday morning is was moved over to the painting area. I am not sure exactly how long painting will take. They dismantle everything, take all of the hinges etc off then mask whatever is left and paint. This has to be done inside and out. I would imagine it will be at the painting area all of this week. The outside is going to be Chrysler PS2 silver, the same as the cab of the truck. The inside will be a grayish beige colour matched to Benjamin Moore AF685 on the walls and a slightly off white colour matched to Benjamin Moore CC30 on the ceiling. The bathroom will have the ceiling colour on all surfaces.

On another note. We are planning to run the new AEV Ram front bumper and flares on this truck. It turns out there are three different front bumper mounting configurations on the Ram between the 2500-3500-4500 and ours the 5500. The problem is that I have to wait to order the bumper until I find out how our front bumper is mounted. Hopefully ITB can have a look at the front of the truck before it is done being painted so I can order the bumper.

Ward

thethePete

Explorer
Are you going to be finishing the interior in gloss, or matte/semi-gloss? I would think it might get a tad surgical looking in there with everything done in aluminum with a gloss finish...

Can`t wait to see this on the truck. Congratulations on a fantastic project.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Yes, we are going with gloss on the inside, non metallic though. My thought on it is this, they are doing wonderful things with vinyl wraps these days. We wanted the interior to be all consistent and then if it seems cold or sterile then we will try to warm it up visually with some sort of vinyl wrap. I love walnut so quite possible we will end up with some of the walls done in a walnut wrap! As well, there will be blinds, sofa fabric, sofa throw pillow fabric, bed cover and pillows, counter material, flooring, stainless steel appliances etc. We wanted to stay monochromatic to look on the modern side rather than the traditional motorhome interior so time will tell if we hit the mark :) or swung wide!:ugh:
Ward

thethePete

Explorer
That``s a good idea, actually. You``re right, with the modern magic of Vinyl wraps, you can pretty much make it whatever you want after. It`ll be bright, that much is for sure :)

ripperj

Explorer
Not only can you make it what you want, when you get bored in a couple years, rip off the walnut wrap and go with something else,
Cool idea

Sent from my Passport

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Well our project has advanced a stage as of yesterday. Fabrication was all finished last Friday so as of yesterday morning is was moved over to the painting area. I am not sure exactly how long painting will take. They dismantle everything, take all of the hinges etc off then mask whatever is left and paint. This has to be done inside and out. I would imagine it will be at the painting area all of this week. The outside is going to be Chrysler PS2 silver, the same as the cab of the truck. The inside will be a grayish beige colour matched to Benjamin Moore AF685 on the walls and a slightly off white colour matched to Benjamin Moore CC30 on the ceiling. The bathroom will have the ceiling colour on all surfaces.

On another note. We are planning to run the new AEV Ram front bumper and flares on this truck. It turns out there are three different front bumper mounting configurations on the Ram between the 2500-3500-4500 and ours the 5500. The problem is that I have to wait to order the bumper until I find out how our front bumper is mounted. Hopefully ITB can have a look at the front of the truck before it is done being painted so I can order the bumper.

Ward
Excited for you!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge

Ward

Interesting on the 3 bumper configurations; unsure what they mean by Compatibility beams and holes. Sure is an awesome looking bumper.
I also don't see the AEV flares on their site, although they're shown on that sweet white cab/chassis with the stake bed; http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/vehicle/ram

Healeyjet

Explorer
I believe the flares aren't on the site as they aren't yet ready for purchase.

It appears that our truck is configuration #2 so hopefully we get it right!

Ward

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I believe the flares aren't on the site as they aren't yet ready for purchase.

It appears that our truck is configuration #2 so hopefully we get it right!

Ward

Might be #3.
I see the white stakebed (AEV's own I assume?).
I found this one earlier today(looks like from OvEx, this last year before the storm?);
ae1395c58efbb459add544613d3ad2eb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles