surly adventurer
At the beach
IMG_3893-707769.JPG

Somewhere over the...
Bumper, winch, trailer
FullSizeRender-753240.jpg

DailyJeep

Adventurer
The wife and I hit up the Kelly Flats area this past Saturday in the Poudre River Valley not too far from Fort Collins. It's mainly known for its longest obstacle: Heart Attack Hill, a very long, steep, and loose rocky incline. We successfully made it up top on our first go using what would be described as the easiest line. The benefits of F/R lockers. Turns out it wasn't the most exciting part of the trip....

Atop the hill, trail had just come up from driverside rear of the Jeep. Sunny and in the upper 40s.
henrykelly_zpsklevoxkn.jpg

Some casual snow.
henrykelly2_zpss5yzf7ko.jpg

Some not so casual "oh crap" snow. The west side of the trail doesn't see a lot of sunshine now that the days are shorter. We knew the trail had been traveled several times so we figured it was clear enough. Unfortunately the small amount of snow accumulation on the trail had been packed hard and icy in many downhill parts. It was not a fun drive down the hill, pretty much it was "point it and pray."
henrykelly3_zpsjnx2vcnx.jpg

unkamonkey

Explorer
Yes, it's a fun trail. It's been a few years ago that I drove it. People liked watching the Powerlock in the rear of my 3B kick in on that big hill.
Two of the Jeeps had Elockers F&R, I just had the Powerlock and the fourth guy had a stock CJ5 and he made it. Don't do the chute, One friend tried it in his CJ7 with the lockers and managed to chew up his soft top aginst a rock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles