UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Even folks that deviate from your proven system thinking they know better always pay for it in the end.

"I'll source my own springs. Oh crap! Their too tall for the pitman arm/drag link to steer properly!"

"I'll use this old SMB transmission/t-case adapter. Oh crap! Blah, blah, blah..."

"Hey! I just bought this $2,000 van and I want it 4wd in 2 weeks for $1,500."

Ok. Sorry! I'm done.

Yep, it happens! Learn the hard way sometimes. Sold a guy some spring hangers a while back and he did everything himself and then sold the van. The new owner called me and it was quite the task to get it right for him over the phone. He didn't know much but we got it fixed eventually.

krawlers on a van. Awesome!

Oh yea. They were from a magazine truck and I talked my way into grabbing them. Came off the Ultimate Super Duty.

Took VanZilla deer hunting last week. Had to pull my flat steel car hauler over a hump on way to set up feeder on upper pasture. My 4" lift avoided high centering on the hump, low trailer not so much. Van in low range tractored the trailer right over, using it as an impromptu box blade. Hump is flatter now. No damage to any equipt. :) With all this talk of trying to do it cheaper, just wanted to thank Chris again for building a high quality product. These conversions perform!

Very nice! Thanks! Now when are you coming for that 6" upgrade?!?! :)

V1 is my new desktop background.

thanks

Best thing I've heard all day.

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
And....... our most extensive build to date has begun!

12191929_1069400493079178_5088625171449499570_n.jpg

350outrage

Adventurer
6" . . . hmm. Would be fun, but I might sooner consider just swapping in some of those new progressive springs I've heard so much about.

DzlToy

Explorer
Chris, I have seen you mention light weight bumpers and such, in an effort to keep the weight down at the front. Is this a front axle issue, a handling issue or a suspension issue?

Almost any van, Mog, Pinz or cabover type of vehicle is going to be front end heavy compared to a Landcruiser, Jeep, etc.

Just curious and looking forward to the frame off.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
We need MOAR details than that. What else(as if a frame-off on an E350 isn't enough)? :chef:

All in the details my man. PC'd frame and axles, intercooled 4-500hp 7.3, 08 front clip swap, hi top, 6" on 37's, etc.

Chris, I have seen you mention light weight bumpers and such, in an effort to keep the weight down at the front. Is this a front axle issue, a handling issue or a suspension issue?

Almost any van, Mog, Pinz or cabover type of vehicle is going to be front end heavy compared to a Landcruiser, Jeep, etc.

Just curious and looking forward to the frame off.

I'd say all 3. But, not issues, just try to keep the weight down for efficiency.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Wow, that's going to be our dream van. I'm already starting a separate savings account for a cummins NV with your kit in 10 years when my E350 wears out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior