Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Theprofessional

Silent Footfalls
I like them.

A lot.

I've never once run out of grip, or had an issue with puncture from rocks or anything. They are also not too noisy on pavement at all.

Hodaka

Adventurer
I've got AT2's. 215/65-16
Great in everything but gumbo mud so far. Sand, slush, snow, wet pavement, dry pavement, dirt, rocks, etc. ABS has only kicked in on icy stuff, and really loose downhill rocky stuff. Uphill on the same was no problem.

Theprofessional

Silent Footfalls
I didn't have any issues at Expo this year, if that means anything to people about the awesomeness of the GG AT2's

Also, enjoy this picture of not-my-Forester

5134158259ca434eb56785b8419d1ac7.jpg

FLoffroad1

Observer
As a side / ultra-nerdy note, that particular Fozzie shown above has (had) BFG ATs; I think he sold his Fozzie and sold the wheels/tires to Blue Fox on the forester forums.

I had AT2s on my 2wd Ford Sport Trac, and I'll probably be buying them for my Fozzie in 215/70R16 sometime before year's end. They were a tad noisy on my ST, but great overall.

gmacmt

Adventurer
My weekend project last winter...

2005 or something saab 9-2x linear. Running forester struts on king springs with the fattest general grabbers I could clear. 15" "rage" wheels or whatever was the cheapest looking black wheel I could track down. Welded up a tube bumper for it, got it to powder but never put the aluminum bash plates in before I sold it.

16281164671_bd6d67a8d4_b.jpg

21493965163_481171ed4f_c.jpg

21493969523_8e410a1e87_c.jpg

Car was awesome because it had so much body damage when I bought it (although it had a solid motor with like 80k on it) so I could thrash it around and chuck it into snow drifts. The gearing was absolutely terrible from the big tires. Got pulled over driving down to california at 95mph on the way to my wedding, pretty sure I was getting 16mpg most of the way down. Had to practically give it away when I sold it.

quino171

My weekend project last winter...

2005 or something saab 9-2x linear. Running forester struts on king springs with the fattest general grabbers I could clear. 15" "rage" wheels or whatever was the cheapest looking black wheel I could track down. Welded up a tube bumper for it, got it to powder but never put the aluminum bash plates in before I sold it.

16281164671_bd6d67a8d4_b.jpg

21493965163_481171ed4f_c.jpg

21493969523_8e410a1e87_c.jpg

Car was awesome because it had so much body damage when I bought it (although it had a solid motor with like 80k on it) so I could thrash it around and chuck it into snow drifts. The gearing was absolutely terrible from the big tires. Got pulled over driving down to california at 95mph on the way to my wedding, pretty sure I was getting 16mpg most of the way down. Had to practically give it away when I sold it.
That is a shame. Looks like a good beater. I would have been willing to take it off your hands...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

No pictures of our new Subaru but we got a nice, clean 09 Forester for the wife's daily driver and our weekend adventures.

Wanted to ask if anyone has used an ARB Simpson II style flip open roof top tent on their Subby? I have seen several coffins style Maggnolia tents but no of the other style. Thinking about swapping my CVT Mt Shasta back and forth between the truck and car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz