Big custom camper sightings

Tesoro

Ha I was sitting in a mexican restaurant in Willits cali and took that pic of my rig parked across the street! Its pretty unique as it has all the luxuries of a 'RV' but its built like a brick *******house and 100% diesel with all marine grade or high end coach appliances etc plus a slide . Its a custom build made by a company in 07 that bought the original xplorer co. when it shut down in 05 - not due to demand but because of family issues. This is the 'new' company website:
http://www.xplorermotorhome.com/#
My one is the red one on top left repainted black. The new owner built half a dozen or so and I think really never got rolling as he has another company that takes most of his energy. I have seen one original early 2000 xplorer and its not even comparable to my one in build and all are on a 3/4 ton frame. Anyhow it was a good find. I rv all over the west and have never seen another one like it. Its a comfortable 2 person rig. My wife wants a small coach but I like this and winning so far!

cwsqbm

Explorer
Just west of Albany, NY in a rest area (those monster propane tanks are on the trailer next to it...)
action mobil.jpg

Healeyjet

Explorer
My friend tried to talk to them to find out more details about their trip but they only speak German and his Dutch isn't close enough, LOL.
Ward

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
My friend tried to talk to them to find out more details about their trip but they only speak German and his Dutch isn't close enough, LOL.
Ward

We see the "caravan" of travelers going up and down the west coast twice a year. In the spring they head up north, now in the fall, they all come back :) Our house is close to a prime campground in Victoria and I see big trucks, land rovers and other European campers almost daily.

photo_i

Explorer
Ward

Could be that or may be they just tired to tell all the curious strangers about their truck and their trip. ;)

back woods

Observer
My F700, although it isn't a custom camper it is built to accept up to an 11'6" truck camper and still pull a gooseneck. Camper is removable in about 15 minutes.

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles