99 Chevy K1500 "Ron Suburgundy"

EricM

Standard American Mutt
OzJHh2C.jpg

Shabona state park, illinois.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
Well, two years after getting the 'burb I finally got around to painting the wheel arches. After years of sun exposure they faded from black to dull grey. I had painted the arches on my Jeep using Krylon Fusion so I just grabbed a rattle can at wal-mart.

Before:
eNygEAh.jpg

After:
ogZ8djI.jpg

Last edited:

EricM

Standard American Mutt
I have more pictures but my iPad is acting up with imgur and not up,lading them....

Lykos

Super Trucker
Nice Burb!

I too am transitioning from 01 XJ to an OBS 1500 Suburban.

Did I miss the post with your gear ratio? I'm a little obsessive about MPGs and wonder how my 96 compares to your 99.

I get 13.5 to 14 driving Virginia roads.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
In town, short trips, stop and go. Get 8-10. On the highway unloaded I get 16-18. Towing the trailer an fully loaded with family and gear it gets 8-10. It does everything excellently, other than fuel econimy.. To replace it though with something that gets significantly better mpg would cost multi thousands of dollers.

I am not sure in the gear ratio, it is mostly bone stock.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
I've been stalking your post, I love what you've done with the place. Cool pics of trips.

Right on :thumbs up:

This year no big camping trips, rather my wife and I went to San Diego (where we met) for our 25th wedding anaversery.

Lykos

Super Trucker
In town, short trips, stop and go. Get 8-10. On the highway unloaded I get 16-18. Towing the trailer an fully loaded with family and gear it gets 8-10. It does everything excellently, other than fuel econimy.. To replace it though with something that gets significantly better mpg would cost multi thousands of dollers.

I am not sure in the gear ratio, it is mostly bone stock.

Thanks! My last tank was 14.25 in town. 3.73 rears so I can't complain.

You hit the nail on the head about how much it would cost to gain MPG s. I've got about $2500 total money in my Burb. I can buy a lot of gas for what it would cost me to buy a more fuel efficient car.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
Ok, we sold the pop up. The center seal was leaking and it rotted the entire back half of the roof. I didn't want to fix it so I just sold it outright. We are now assessing how we want to camp. I am going to sleep on the one cot that we do own to see if my back will tolerate sleeping like that. If I am ok with cot sleeping, we may go back to tent camping.

Then again, we may just get a highbreed style camper that doesn't need a lot of set up. Or we may just say screw it and get a class c.....

EricM

Standard American Mutt

My neighbor's Lawn Guy is a jerk. Mower kicked up some rocks. I have already replaced the window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles