Modern Farm Truck

Nice build. I just picked up an 85' pickup going to start the build after hunting season. This makes me want to start sooner :)

Take a look at Rhino ( https://www.rhino3d.com/ ) you can import photos and build on top and full 3d modeling.

I hear you brother. On the LOGON screen, click the tick box that says 'Stay Logged in' or 'log me on automatically each time I visit' <- I forget what this site has. Also, Select all, Copy, then Paste. I got so tired of losing all my thoughts since I type slow... Security token timeouts, yeah, a real thing.

Truck is coming along nicely. Whats he program name?

Looking good so far. Check with user name jscherb in the jeep section on here and see what software he uses. He always has nicely done representations of what he is planning to do, but I am not sure what software he uses (I do think he has mentioned it in one of his post though). Try his latest postings: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/127687-Barn-Door-for-JK-factory-hardtops

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Up until now I haven't had any problems getting stuff drawn up. My friend Jim, who used to own Inchworm Gear used to help me with the drawings, but he recently sold Inchworm and moved away. I have always been the roll-up-your-shirtsleeves-and-get-it-done kind of guy and never wanted to waste the time with sketches, but more and more customers want them now.

The couple of programs I've been playing with are Draftsight and Onshape. Both are good for drawings starting from a blank sheet. On a whim, I called Bend-Tech to see if they had anything. Turns out they have new software that does 3D modeling of tubing structures and programs for 2D cutouts as well. I spoke with the sales person for about 40 minutes and he sold me on 4 programs. Two of the programs are design programs and two of them are template add ons. Initially I was afraid of the cost, but those four programs (in a package deal) come to $700. I haven't bought them yet, but plan to very soon.

That is actually pretty nice.

Ours needs to be built to accommodate a 100 gallon tank for liquid fertilizer. The surface is to be as low as possible for ease of hefting large object onto it and we are going to incorporate a small gas powered pump, hose reel, air compressor and air tank. I don't know where the spare tire will go yet.

That's funny.

These wheels barely fit over the Tacoma brakes as it is and I don't think I could get him to spring for an additional $5000 for brakes and a new wheel/tire combo.

Nice idea though.

Doc_

Sammich!
I see what you're up to with the flat bed, and I think the overall plan is a good one. This will be a great work truck with a fun streak.

Picture a miniature PG&E line truck without the rack, that's what it'll be.

Definite cool streak. How many farmers would be willing to spend the money to build a solid axle Toyota mini truck just so they could go beat it up around their farm. Any old Ford would be good for the job, but who wants that...?

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I just met most of them. I have known Harry for quite a while and he invited me to come along. For the record, I love Jeremy's LJ. The fenders, the color. it's just cool.

My Rover is just a little tractor, but it gets the job done. It never ceases to amaze me. I point it at something and it goes. Would I bring it to the desert or the hammers? No, but around here, it rocks (pun intended).

Thanks.

I know most of the guys, and like you, have known Harry for a long time.

It is a beautiful LJ for sure.

That is what he was saying, you just made everything look easy.

Jack

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Man, I leave to fight fires for a few months and I come back to see you up to more amazing work... As always, this trucks a beauty and I think you know how I feel about your work in general mate. Top notch.

Cheers

Dave

Doc_

Sammich!
Picture a miniature PG&E line truck without the rack, that's what it'll be.

Definite cool streak. How many farmers would be willing to spend the money to build a solid axle Toyota mini truck just so they could go beat it up around their farm. Any old Ford would be good for the job, but who wants that...?

Nice!
That was pretty much my original plan for my pickup when I bought it.

Man, I leave to fight fires for a few months and I come back to see you up to more amazing work... As always, this trucks a beauty and I think you know how I feel about your work in general mate. Top notch.

Cheers

Dave

You're back! Haven't heard from you in a while. Were you in Washington?

Thanks.

Simons

Adventurer
It appears all thread updates have ceased at about the same time as the beginning of school... Maybe he's taking a course/class? Teaching shop at a local high school? Teaching a fabrication course at the college? So busy with his kids homework he's too tired to type?
Ideas?
Should we put out an APB?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles