Now we know the cargo rating of the 2016 Tacoma

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Wait, the hilux uses drums as well?

The following is a signature.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Clutch

<---Pass
"That's the reason why there are more Colorados being used for overlanding than Tacomas. They even have their own sub-forum on Expedition Portal. And also why used Colorados are worth more than used Tacomas."
Do you have any proof to back any of this up? I find it hard to believe that there are more colorados overlanding than tacomas. And I have yet to see a used Colorado go for more than a similarly equipped Tacoma.

I'm not saying you are, I just find it hard to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarcasm (1).jpg

Give it some time, we will being seeing a lot more of the GM twins out there, just give it time...the updated version hasn't been on the market that long. There is a guy in the domestic section building one up, looks pretty schweet.

Guessing the new diesel is going to be the next hawt platform to build on.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Hmmm looks like you use the signature feature just as I do
"Sent form my iPad using tapatalk" ;)

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Ha good one and I thought I had turned that off like 6 months ago...anyway I was giving you **** based on others getting pissed off about your "signature".

austintaco

Explorer
Toyota has been using rear drum brakes since the beginning of time and they obvious don't work well in the field at all. That's the reason why there are more Colorados being used for overlanding than Tacomas. They even have their own sub-forum on Expedition Portal. And also why used Colorados are worth more than used Tacomas.

Seriously, If you guys don't like drum brakes, then don't buy it. Go buy the Colorado or Ridgeline. That's the best way to get your voice heard by Toyota.

This...I hit the imaginary like button

forty2

Adventurer
It's worse than originally speculated in this thread. Directly out of the owners manual:

N3G30tZh.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
It's worse than originally speculated in this thread. Directly out of the owners manual:

N3G30tZh.jpg

Wow, That's nothing! Put in 2 adults, 1 kid, some basic camping gear and bicycles and you are maxed out.. Ad a truck cab and you can bring even less....

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
When Toyota guys troll jeep posts, you all get your panties in a bunch.

Yay for Mitsubishi hehe

But you get the factory Go Pro mount!!! No wonder the 2015 is selling so well! New skin and engine for the 2016, no real appreciable increase in MPG, braking, or payload. I love the reliability of a Toyota but if a new truck is going to cost 32-35K give a dog a bone!

I will more than likely go with a 4 Runner trail the next go around. The payload is just under 1500 lbs I believe. I will gain a 100 lbs give or take a few when I remove the rear seat and a few other interior items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles