Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
My very recently acquired 05 F450 service body with Starcraft pop-top camper.
2d012ef105784017c7abd5cccaff5f4c.jpg
d0292f2d5237fe6fa8d9515a6d63127d.jpg

UsubM

What suspension are people using on their F150s? I'm trying to get mine good to go for some offroading/camping trips in my 2007 XLT and I'm wondering if I need to replace the stock suspension. I'm not looking to do anything too crazy for now, but I'd like to not need to bust out recovery gear too often

Raul B

Explorer
What suspension are people using on their F150s? I'm trying to get mine good to go for some offroading/camping trips in my 2007 XLT and I'm wondering if I need to replace the stock suspension. I'm not looking to do anything too crazy for now, but I'd like to not need to bust out recovery gear too often
Are you looking to up size your tires too? What is your price range? I just have coil spacers right now but saving up for full coilovers with new upper control arms.

UsubM

Are you looking to up size your tires too? What is your price range? I just have coil spacers right now but saving up for full coilovers with new upper control arms.

I'm thinking of staying with stock tire sizes so I don't have any power loss or have to worry about gear ratio changes, but I'm still pretty new to all of this so I may be a little off-track with what's an acceptable size change without having to worry too much about that.

CAPT.HODGES

I too was thinking towards tires right after reading that. The right tread and tire size will net you more traction than suspension really, aside from being able to go a little faster through soft stuff. I have full suspension on a Super Duty but I have quite a few friends with F150's and 1500's that run Camburg Coilover kits. They work wonders over stock. With that, you could fit a slightly larger tire up front and have a little more travel to scoot around the trails.

If you wanted to postpone that investment, you could go for tires first and just run a leveling spacer like Raul. The new BFG AT/KO2 is my favorite, personally (for a DD). I would get the biggest tire you can fit on a stock wheel, leveled. If you get a kit with uniballs and uppers, your tire size will probably be limited by the new upper control arm. If you really wanted even MORE tire, you'd be looking at new wheels with more backspacing. Again, not totally necessary!

Enjoy your build

Last edited:

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
18bcfc4a5243d9d78f8e167fefbe4a11.jpg

86dd52e68e851d9cc9de201b640c410d.jpg

ecb596c97bbc3b339d972076d7686009.jpg

cd9f5e5301110f5b357d58a5cb5bfb77.jpg

Haven't posted in a while so here are a few of mine first two are my recent brake job and shock upgrade and the second two are testing it out on the beach and playing with camping gear.

Sent from my communications device by Taptalk

How did you fit that winch in there? Do you have a body lift or is that the Warn hidden winch kit? Trying to do the same thing, but don't really care to spend the money on the Warn Kit, since I already have a winch. (I have on 05 Lariat)

airjammer

Observer
This truck is a blank slate

F350
Short bed
V10
Ultimate Lariat option
Off road package
Heavy duty sway bar
47000 miles

Needs
upgraded shocks