Can anyones fuso do this

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
What, build a fancy expensive ramp so I can pose* in a parking lot, nope.

*verb-assume a particular attitude or position in order to be photographed, painted, or drawn
*noun-a particular way of behaving adopted in order to give others a false impression or to impress others.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Well it was actually a reasonably serious question. Just curious of the lean angle of your fusos. The home builds and the EC and ATW. Maybe mine can do this idk, but it sure does not feel like it when in the cab.
i view the pic as a demonstration and not a pose. Those who can, do, those who can't, ridicule those who can...

Last edited:

westyss

Explorer
I am sure that an FG can do that or pretty close to it depending on obviously the C of G of it all, one thing that I feel contributes to the ability of these big trucks to lean seemingly more is that the running gear is so much heavier than an FG lowering the C of G but also increasing fuel consumption etc....

On a side note: This image demonstrates to me the need for wheel and tire set up that should far exceed the GVM, looking at that pic the whole cabin weight is resting on one tire pretty much and that tire is also being side loaded and if this was a trail the tire would be aired down and perhaps de-bead.
Include that most likely you would be in a remote location and in a difficult spot to work changing a tire and well...... not a good time.

GR8ADV

Explorer
I am sure that an FG can do that or pretty close to it depending on obviously the C of G of it all, one thing that I feel contributes to the ability of these big trucks to lean seemingly more is that the running gear is so much heavier than an FG lowering the C of G
Yup that is why I ordered the heavy steel SRW set up. :) I wish someone had a crane setup that could support my vehicle while I tried something like this. I would really like to know how far I could go. Knowing this, putting a little inclinometer on the dash would keep me out of harms way. I thought I read somewhere that the Hackney could go just over 30 degrees.
BTW these were obviously provided by unicat, but I found them on a site for folks selling their used unicat. I thought these two were a good display of approach and departure angles. I would like to see the breakover pic.

sale4.jpg

sale6.jpg

westyss

Explorer
Yup that is why I ordered the heavy steel SRW set up. :) I wish someone had a crane setup that could support my vehicle while I tried something like this. I would really like to know how far I could go. Knowing this, putting a little inclinometer on the dash would keep me out of harms way. I thought I read somewhere that the Hackney could go just over 30 degrees.
BTW these were obviously provided by unicat, but I found them on a site for folks selling their used unicat. I thought these two were a good display of approach and departure angles. I would like to see the breakover pic.

View attachment 294792

View attachment 294793

I hear you! Maybe a crane is not needed, having another rig the same height as the tested vehicle and drive along side of it with some kind of foam to absorb the slow impact, as long as it was close there wouldn't be much force on the other vehicle as it is near its balance point, the other way is using a winch on another truck while lifting one side of the rig up with a fork lift. Hackney I thought had a way to formulate the angle, and to do that he had to get a flat deck wrecker with a tilt deck and used that somehow, cant remember how... or go by the seat of your pants.......rely on your internal gyros to not topple, my guess is that the drivers will reach the limit point before the truck will, now we just need some testers out there! If Hackneys rig can go to 30 degrees than most other should go to at least 90:D

As for breakover, from my experience the approach and departure angles become the limiting factor in most cases and breakover not as much, I did tag a support on one of my under body tool boxes once, those mogs have huge breakovers, I kept mine at transfer case height.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I believe that this mog is currently for sale in Vancouver BC. Pricetag was somewhere around $300.000

Aussie Iron

Explorer
I drive a dozer for a living clearing steep country and I can tell you I know where My pucker factor is. Well I've taken the Canter there on our first trip to the Cape and it didn't role over. It was before we ran video, it would have been good. So yes it can handle quite a steep side slope.

Dan.

ripperj

Explorer
Whether it can or can't I guess the real question is do you need to? And is it worth the risk to a $200-300k rig to be a degree or inch too much?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Someone posted a rather benign video a while back taken from the front seat of a rig but it captured someone in front of them in a FUSO performing some kind of self-applied pit maneuver anti rollover pucker fest. It looked fairly close to the first picture above and reinforced the question that ripperj just posited.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader

Not the same :)

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles