Sooo.....what are the thoughts on the Phoenix?

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
20150516_140408-X2.jpg

OVRLND

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0017
Hey Czechsix,

Do you have any more photos?
Looks like a pass-through ...
Did you have an opportunity to go inside ... the open door seems inviting :) ...

Decanter

Adventurer
Pass through with bed in rear and u shaped couch in front. 30ish gallons of h20 and a teal theme throughout. Bathroom to the left of door and kitchen dead ahead. Dully rear and $185k with truck IIRC. On a flight right now but I've got the spec sheet at home.

Czechsix

This particular one has no pass through, but interesting nonetheless. Yep, went inside, but took video instead....really, really crappy video :D. I'll upload to a site over the next couple of days, need to edit out some stuff.

It's definitely an interesting new addition, and with the amount of customization they're willing to do, I'll be looking at them. I'd really like to see a full sized, drop down side entry. They said no problem doing that.

It's an interesting floor plan and layout...kind of a combination of the euro style coaches, and american stuff. I do like the way they've done the step up for the rear bed, and the full sized shower is a nice thing too.

topofpalomar

Enthusiast
Czechsix,

We check it out on Saturday during the rain. We liked the floor plan, even better than the EarthCruiser EXP. EarthCruiser was nice, especially liked the pass-thru. We did not dig entering the EarthCruiser camper thru the bathroom/shower. Just not natural, in our opinion.

The Phoenix folks were certainly nice to talk to and the layout was pretty impressive. Especially the dinette seating at the front and the shower and bed location.

Decanter

Adventurer
I could have sworn there was a pass through. I must have been thinking about another truck. $189k on the price, 200W solar, aluminum cage frame according to the spec sheet.

Czechsix

top, were you there for the whole event, or just Saturday? We should have coordinated and had a SoCal locals meeting, lol. I'm in Vista.

I agree with the kinda funky layout of the EC, but I think we could get used to it. I think that the Phoenix unit has a decent setup, but I'd need to look very closely at how it's built before I'd be comfortable with it.

Either that or someone else should buy one and give us a running commentary over, say, a couple of years. :)

topofpalomar

Enthusiast
We were there for Saturday only, mainly to talk to camper builders to come up with ideas for our next, future rig. It was nice to have so many manufacturers in one location. Then we hit the Mojave Preserve for a couple of days of camping.

I think the Phoenix would look good on that FG of yours. Then you could give us that running commentary you're referring to. Ha Ha.

BTW, where do I get one of those "Brown badge of Courage" Awards?

OVRLND

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0017
Checksix,

I second top's thought that the "PHX" would look good on your FG :)

I wish I made it out to Flag to see the different rigs and builders in one location. Although, I probably would not have been prepared for the weather ...

Can someone post a layout/vid of the PHX? Only one external photo posted on their site so far.

Czechsix

I've been guinea pig way too many times in the past, and have the bank account records to prove it! So...I really think someone else should be first in line here, I have no problem with that. :D

top - those awards were freely given out at the campground...if you weren't there, so sorry.
20150518_163639-M.jpg

I've got some walkaround and looking in video of the PHXFG, I'll see if I can trim out the crap, add some annoying rap music, and post it up.

Czechsix

Uploading some more right now, but here's an exterior walkaround...

Interior look see....

Last edited:

Buckstopper

Adventurer
Best Interior Award

My wife gave the PHX the "best interior award" of all the rigs we visited (and left our footprints in). She felt that it had the most useable storage. Note that the camper box is 15' long so it should have the most storage.

About the brown badge of courage award. I performed a full butt plant first thing Sunday AM and I sure hope there are no photos posted of that but I am pretty sure that I won that award. After two washings my pants are still Mormon Lake mud colored and my boots will never be the same. I will think of Snoverland Expo 15 every time I wear those pants and boots. My wife says she wants to come back next year...she's a keeper.

Buckstopper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles