another tire thread

jgallo1

Adventurer
Hello,
Here comes another tire thread, Just wandering if anyone has any experience with the new toyo open country r/t.?
I have 2004 tacoma, been running 265/75/16 bf goodrich all terrains, they have been great, but looking to switch it up.
I have been looking at all the usual suspects, the Duratrac, Dynapro atm, new bf goodrich at, ko2 etc..
The tires see about 75% on road use. The 25% of off road use they do see is pretty solid, trips all through baja mexico, a fair amount of time out in montanna, and wyoming..
Any suggestions or feedback are welcome.

Thanks,

jgallo1

Adventurer
Also, I forgot to mention I am not opposed to going with 255/85/16 tires, I have just also used the 265/75/16 b/c of the trips through mexico, and if i needed a tire it would be easy to find.
Thanks again

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
The new KO2's IF you can get them in a size you want (which right now is very hard to do as they're basically only select OEM replacement sizes and a few other odd-balls, not really Off-Road use sizes yet, certainly no 33x10.50's, and no 255/85's... ) are flat out amazing. I did a trip this winter out and around Montana, Idaho, into Washington back into Oregon with a buddy who's sponsored by BFG in a new Taco wearing the KO2's... They were great in every respect and had BFG not stuck us with these worthless size ranges in the first phase of the roll-out I would have them on my truck right now.

Cheers

Dave

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
The new KO2's IF you can get them in a size you want (which right now is very hard to do as they're basically only select OEM replacement sizes and a few other odd-balls, not really Off-Road use sizes yet, certainly no 33x10.50's, and no 255/85's... ) are flat out amazing. I did a trip this winter out and around Montana, Idaho, into Washington back into Oregon with a buddy who's sponsored by BFG in a new Taco wearing the KO2's... They were great in every respect and had BFG not stuck us with these worthless size ranges in the first phase of the roll-out I would have them on my truck right now.

Cheers

Dave

Do you know what size tire he was running on his Tacoma? I'm looking into tires for my truck and still up in the air. I see that Cooper has a 255/85 available and the closest thing I can get the KO2 in is a 285/75. Except the KO2 recommends a 7.5in wide or more wheel and the wheel on my truck is 16x7.

Or does a half inch make a big difference?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne