JKU in floor OBA and cargo floor project

lysol

Explorer
Is that a southco vice grip latch? If so, I've used these for projects in the past and they are amazing.

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Is that a southco vice grip latch? If so, I've used these for projects in the past and they are amazing.

Yes sir, they work awesome. Use them in my roof storage box as well. Definitely sold on them.

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

lysol

Explorer
Yes sir, they work awesome. Use them in my roof storage box as well. Definitely sold on them.

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

They are pricey compared to their bare-bones cam lock counterparts, but they operate so fluidly. I haven't gotten one without a knob yet though. How is it turning it under pressure with a key?

Expedition Essentials

It uses a larger hex key or Allen wrench. Works perfect.

rubicon91

Explorer
I have to say I cannot wait to see the end product. I just got an ARB fridge for the rear of my Jeep and it is now killing me trying to figure out how I want the configuration how I can utilize the underneath storage etc. I would be up for cutting some of my Jeep. Great job so far Psychosquirrel!

Expedition Essentials

I have to say I cannot wait to see the end product. I just got an ARB fridge for the rear of my Jeep and it is now killing me trying to figure out how I want the configuration how I can utilize the underneath storage etc. I would be up for cutting some of my Jeep. Great job so far Psychosquirrel!

Thanks: looking forward to getting it done, should be picking everything up from PC tomorrow, just so happened they were already spraying a dark gray texture when I was dropping my stuff of so I went with that instead of black.

I noticed you just got a hardtop, was thinking this would work well for a storage option for you now

8ae5a977ed0d1654cf4cfbb6c2d0edf5.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
Ha see you have read my mind. I am looking at getting the rear of jeep setup like that just reversed I think. Have it all mapped out in my head and ready to roll. Reason I got the hardtop was for all this. I am looking at both the at overland and SoCal drawer system and the at overland shelf above it all. And a trailgator also. Figure I can mount my propane tank on my trail rack I have and have a portable propane stove. Not to fond on the price for the slide stove combo slide. Cannot wait to get it done for sure. Even thinking some wolf packs. Decisions decisions. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expedition Essentials

I like the AT shelf. I've changed my configuration a couple times don't rule out my system though :) although I am a little bias :)

Uses dead space that no one else uses

http://youtu.be/VfbydshGA5I

Expedition Essentials

I'm planning on building a tailgate table soon that will house my stove on a pull out drawer system that will get it away from the jeep. Really don't like the other units where the stove is too close to the inside of the jeep.

rubicon91

Explorer
I'm planning on building a tailgate table soon that will house my stove on a pull out drawer system that will get it away from the jeep. Really don't like the other units where the stove is too close to the inside of the jeep.

That is my thinking propane on trail rack and keep cooking out of rear of jeep. I also have a bantam trailer in great condition that I was going to build out but now so confused can you squirrel raised by carrier pigeons steer me in right direction and build lol

rubicon91

Explorer
I like the AT shelf. I've changed my configuration a couple times don't rule out my system though :) although I am a little bias :)

Uses dead space that no one else uses

http://youtu.be/VfbydshGA5I

Was this your design? I saw this on NR website was really cool and I liked the idea for sure. Can this be used in conjunction with the AT shelf and a fridge or does it hit it when opened?

Expedition Essentials

That is my thinking propane on trail rack and keep cooking out of rear of jeep. I also have a bantam trailer in great condition that I was going to build out but now so confused can you squirrel raised by carrier pigeons steer me in right direction and build lol

Haha. I'm not trying to confuse you :) just wanted to show you another option. Not many people know about my sub roof storage system: I'm the little guy :)

I have a full size propane bottle mounted on my trailer that I use mostly. I like AT's bracket for the lightweight bottles that mounts to the back of the hardtop. Keeps it outside. Will probably go that route.

Expedition Essentials

Was this your design? I saw this on NR website was really cool and I liked the idea for sure. Can this be used in conjunction with the AT shelf and a fridge or does it hit it when opened?

Yeah that's my design. The reason went with the cargo floor now and the in floor box was because of this. It gave me all the middle space back. Now I have storage space up high. My fridge and small storage box can stay in and I secure loose soft goods on top of the small box. Plus I have a roof rack. Really all I need in addition my trailer storage and roof rack on the trailer.

Expedition Essentials

I think but I'm not 100% sure that it would still open enough with the shelf but the shelf would need to be offloaded first.

rubicon91

Explorer
Yeah that's my design. The reason went with the cargo floor now and the in floor box was because of this. It gave me all the middle space back. Now I have storage space up high. My fridge and small storage box can stay in and I secure loose soft goods on top of the small box. Plus I have a roof rack. Really all I need in addition my trailer storage and roof rack on the trailer.

Awesome I was enthralled at the video they did of it. Great job. I have put it on the list of items to really look at. Like I said I think on another post elsewhere here the fridge and trailer buy recently coupled with the hardtop I was able to score has really opened it up quicker than expected and has got my game plan moving a lot quicker. I actually cancelled my gobi rack to get trailer due to not having a hardtop then and poof now a hardtop. Would have stayed with the gobi had I known this would happen but I do love having a trailer to work with also. I hope to have at least one ready before expo east. That is the plan at his moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles