Abenteuer & Allrad (Adventure Wheel) Overland Show 2015, Germany 04-07 June 2015

Mallrat

Observer
Just trying to figure out if anyone is going to the show this year?? This will be our first go at it after just being stationed up in Germany. Looking forward to possibly camping, but am a little concerned about tent camping there with my wife and 2 year old. Any suggestions? Anyone have any past experiences from the event of things to make sure you do/see? They are expecting attendance up to 50,000 people this year. :Wow1: I was also wondering how many of the 200+ vendors with stuff on display will be selling things on site as well. I know not much will fit my Tacoma, but some of the camping gear and recovery gear might be a nice find.

Cheers!!

Josh

http://www.abenteuer-allrad.de/en?page=0

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Been there a few years before...
The campgrounds are as cool or cooler than the show since you see rigs in action :)
Plus all the cool homebrew mods people do.
Most vendors sell on site which sucked for me as there was some cool cheaper versions of Zargas cases that I wanted but we were backpacking & train riding.

Have a blast!

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
Well, definitely go....it is a lot of fun. A dedicated campground, away from the exhibition is available and quite frankly, a highlight of the trip. Lots of like minded folks camping in their overland rigs and swapping stories of days on the road. There is a free shuttle bus running between the campground and expo. One note of caution, however.....in earlier years hard rain managed to turn the campground into a muddy mess that wasn't a lot of fun......just saying.

At the expo there is lots to see and do. I highly recommend stopping by Unicat, ORC, and Explorer magazine. Lots of good information and stuff to try.

I will probably be down there at some point this year...though I will probably just drive down for the day and skip the camping this time....tight schedule this June for me. :-(

Gren_T

Adventurer
Hi Josh, I've camped a couple of times in the main field on the left as you drive down to the camping off the main road & once on the "bunker" its the raised bank on the edge of the main field it gives a great view of the field but we had ants to contend with.!

Last year we took our VW T5 camper and stopped near the river not far from the toilets and showers, if your under canvas I'd try to get there early to get a good pitch (on the flat away from the field entrances).
One really annoying thing on the campground is the way people rope off huge areas for friends coming later that don't seem to turn up - towels on the sunbed mentality ;-)
There are good amenities on the campsite with showers and toilets & a few water points as well as a washing station, there are 2 small markets overlooking the campsite one of them an Aldi, there is also a bread & pastries stall in the morning.

There is a regular free shuttle service to the show that runs all day, however many people stay at http://www.campingpark-badkissingen.de/home.html
a short walk along the river from the main campground.

There is plenty to see and lots of farkles to buy.

Regards
Gren

Last edited:

1leglance

Scott are you looking to fly in & out for this event or is it part of something larger?
I am really debating on using some frequent flyer miles to get back to A&A for a few days.

Scott Brady

Founder
I am going to fly and either travel with a friend in Germany or get a moto and explore a little further. Thinking 10-12 days

1leglance

eek...
that is too cool for me :)
I am thinking of flying in and taking the train down, camp a couple of nights then return home....
Cheap travel and all that......your trip sounds better by far, enjoy the moto explore and stay safe

Gren_T

Adventurer
Hi Scott I can recommend a ride along the romantic road & the lakes, we normally hit a few of the medieval towns on the way to the Alrad, this year it's going to be Ragensberg.

Regards
Gren

Mallrat

Observer
Lance if you want a place to crash about 4 hours drive away, you are welcome to come on down to Stuttgart area.

We are planning to drive up from Ansbach. Not sure yet if we are going to camp in the new trailer tent. Depends on the weather and my schedule that week.

ScottReb

Adventurer
Our trips to Europe haven't time well. This year is October as well. One of these years we will make. Ive heard nothing but great things about the show. Enjoy guys!

Mallrat

Observer
I wish I had a little better setup for camping, but right now its just the Kenji ground tent and a bunch of old gear. Hopefully, Ill be able to upgrade some of it while there.. Really appreciate the input on which vendors to make sure to see. Does anyone know if the lectures are worth going to or not. English only speaker here..

Gren_T

Adventurer
Hi, sorry never attended any lectures.
Here's hopping the sun god puts in an appearance.

regards
Gren

Tony LEE

International Grey Nomad
Speakers subjects at http://www.abenteuer-allrad.de/en/series-of-lectures

At least one is in English - if making movies is your thing. The other four titles are not in English so imagine the lecture will not be either.

"For each lecture there are about 200 tickets available and can be bought at the website of “ABENTEUER & ALLRAD” immediately. Please take into account that the tickets for the lectures can be purchased only in combination with a ticket for “ABENTEUER & ALLRAD”."

Tickets are 10 to 15 euro and you need to buy an entrance ticket to the exhibition as well

Just hoping the weather is good. My front wheel drive Hobby has a hard time on wet grass let alone mud - but chains help a lot.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94