LED Copy Cats

Summit Cruisers Jr

I've kind of come to the conclusion that if you intend to go cheap, then well go really cheap.. It seems after a certain price range, they are all sort of hit or miss quality speaking.

These guys can be found for under 30 bucks. I've used the same pair for several years and they work better than the Rigid Dually's I splurged on (not D2's). The Rigids were crushed in a wreck, the cheapo one survived... Figures.
http://amzn.com/B00IXDHYQO

View attachment 272287

I also have two of these with diffused lenses on the back of my roof rack. Definitely hard to beat when it comes to value and performance.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I'm using both a 42" bar and 20" bar, both chinese (but which ones aren't really?). Both are fantastic flood lights. I have literally a 180deg of light in front of my car. Great for trail riding and back road driving where you need to spot deer or other animals running out. But like others have said, distance is where these cheaper LED bars fail. My old Hella 500FF 50w halogens spots threw light further, but they had very focused beams with zero light to the side. But I can't even see my high beams when I have the LED bars on, so they still throw light much further than the stock high beams on the vehicle.

So really it's what kind of light you want.

mike the welder

Adventurer
I don't think it really maters, either you can afford a 1k light bar or you can't. I can't. Do the research on the Chinese brands and buy the best ones you can afford. I don't race through bfe at 100 mph so a couple hundred feet of visibility is fine with me. The only thing I did on mine is crack the housing open and run a bead of silicon and put them back together. I read allot of reviews that said the Chinese brands get water inside them.

Good luck

bh9

I would also like to try out this light bar

30" Led Off Road Led Light Bar Flood/spot Combo Beam- 3w Led-180w-11,250 Lumen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LNJI1KI/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_R6G6ub1N65YZH

I have that bar. Initially, I had problems with it intermittently not turning on. I contacted customer service ~6mo after purchase and they were happy to exchange it (I think I had to pay shipping to them). I must have scared it straight or something because as I prepared to pull it all off to ship it I finally narrowed it down to the relay and it also began working again. Maybe it was just a loose pin that I jiggled into place. Haven't had an issue since. I do suggest safety wiring all the hardware on it- bolts fell out twice on very rough roads, but it could be to the harsh vibe environment on my bumper.

jhill15

Explorer
I have that bar. Initially, I had problems with it intermittently not turning on. I contacted customer service ~6mo after purchase and they were happy to exchange it (I think I had to pay shipping to them). I must have scared it straight or something because as I prepared to pull it all off to ship it I finally narrowed it down to the relay and it also began working again. Maybe it was just a loose pin that I jiggled into place. Haven't had an issue since. I do suggest safety wiring all the hardware on it- bolts fell out twice on very rough roads, but it could be to the harsh vibe environment on my bumper.
How well did it light?

bh9

You know what? I kind of lied. Or at least, amazon lied to me. I looked at my order history and it takes me to the same page, but my power cord enters on one end and it has a fasteners along the face. I think amazon is pulling some shenanigans- I paid $150 a year ago instead of that $80 price as well. I dug around a bit to find the same seller that I used and found this link, which is much more similar to what I have http://amzn.com/B00FMITPKG but still cheaper as well. Obviously there are countless chinese variations on this design, but when I bought it I did a whole bunch of reading and decided that there was no way to tell so I might as well just wing it.

I have not done any side by side comparisons or anything, but it seems plenty bright. When looking at it with it on or in sunlight, you can definitely see the different lenses to make the combo beam, so I have to imagine that it works at least a little bit. For the amount I paid, I got pretty much what I expected and have no complaints. Even if the brand names use premium LEDs which output more light, I could run two of these, break them, replace them, and still come out ahead.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Been running tuff LEDs from Amazon for almost two years.
e8cba201fc332eba9ca2956a79003cb8.jpg
81d67493cba15afa52655a165b9aeefe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
They got great reviews for what that's worth. I like them and think it's a good option vs a bar. Also the flood and spot lenses are a cool option.

Mad Matt

Adventurer
I pulled the trigger on the ARB knockoffs and immediately triggered the fraud protection program of my bank :Wow1: Once I get them installed I will post up a quick review.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke