Portrait Shots (show us your best)

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
My girl...

I may be slightly bias with these but I love this girl.
i-BWRdSgL-XL.jpg

i-Rw4N63s-XL.jpg

i-n8HnsJc-XL.jpg

i-LB5qhFf-XL.jpg

Last edited:

4xdog

Explorer
Mom and Dad, Hampton Beach, New Hampshire, July 1978. I do like to look over my film days. Back when every Ektachrome exposure counted -- I was 20-21 years old and a starving student.

i-5VKj2Q8-XL.jpg

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
My muse...

Been really focused on portraits of late as I'm looking to do more creative work through the winter. Thoughts comments and critiques are welcome. These are all shot using available light, no strobes and edited in Capture One.

i-22d2bpT-L.jpg

i-MW4N7kw-L.jpg

i-Jx4hc6D-L.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Neil, my response to your images can, and was, summed up in a one word expletive. Nice work man!

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
The first actual photo with my new to me Nikon FM2 and 50mm 1.2 AIS, I say actual because I blanked the first frame by accident. Whoops! Fuji Pro 400H film, negative scanned at home with my Nikon D800e, 105mm macro, and an iPad. The negative was converted to a positive image in Capture One.

i-XqGthHb-S.jpg
i-K9K3nDw-S.jpg

i-9cqhQ5d-X2.jpg

Last edited:

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Trevor, How was the iPad used in the workflow?

I used the iPad as my lightbox to backlight the film. You just have to elevate your slides a bit off the iPad or use a piece of white plastic or similar to cover the screen so you don't see the screens LEDs through the film.

snowblind

Adventurer
The first actual photo with my new to me Nikon FM2 and 50mm 1.2 AIS, I say actual because I blanked the first frame by accident. Whoops! Fuji Pro 400H film, negative scanned at home with my Nikon D800e, 105mm macro, and an iPad. The negative was converted to a positive image in Capture One.

Not sure what exactly you're going for creatively but starting with slide film might yield "better" results in this workflow. Slide is a lot thinner than negs and can be scanned with less light/noise than neg film. It also has a lot less exposure latitude but I think that's a good thing. :)

I went the other direction -> I've been printing my digi to film recently via Impossible Instant Lab to Polaroid and an iphone. https://www.the-impossible-project.com/instantlab/

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier