LED Copy Cats

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Looking for some LED lights for my new 100 and sadly I don't have the cash to do that "well known" brand. Anyone using any copy cat LEDS lights off eBay or Amazon? What brand are they? Are they holding up ok?

Thanks in advance.

java

Expedition Leader
Put your flame suit on.....

I have a knock off 40" bar. Does Not throw too well, but puts out a metric poop ton of light. Great for slow speed.

Summit Cruisers Jr

I too have a 40" bar from eBay. Only $130. It's insane up close, but after 75 or so yards, it's just not there. I did get some 60 watt 10" bars that have a much bigger spot reflectors and they blow the 40 out of the water.

dyogim

Explorer
I have a pair of the 24W LED floods: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/FX-Off-Road-LampFX-Series-Off-Road-Lights#tabs

They have served me well. I can't rationalize spending a ton of money on the name brand set-ups. Yeah, they may throw a ton of light several miles down the road, but I only see that working for vehicles that travel at high speeds. My high speeds are on the freeway and my headlights suffice 99% of the time. On the trail, I'm usually traveling from 100ft-15 miles per hour. So, the LED floods work great.

barlowrs

Explorer
Just know, you do get what you pay for. I have a 50" Alien ware (mid level brand) that cost me about $1K on my truck..i just recently purchased two 3"x3" Squadren Pro pods from Baja Designs (the best lights out there, period, hands down, no question)....my two 3x3 pods blow my 50" bar out of the water. and agian, that 50" was not exactly a cheap chinese knockoff, but mid level bar.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
I have had the name brand ones on my last vehicle and this time I just don't feel the need to invest the money into this area, this time. I love having the lights but only ever really used them a few times as most of the time when its dark I'm enjoying a beer by a campfire somewhere, so I can use that money elsewhere. Now I know I know, that one time when God forbid something happens you will appreciate the light and for this reason I want to do lights but with out all the coin this time.

Thanks for the honest input and keep it coming if its out there.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I replaced my factory fogs with some cheap ebay offerings & with supposedly Cree bulbs from ebay along with a second set as aux reverse lights

they are holding up quite well & are amazingly bright

my neighbors love me LOL

Ramjet

Explorer
I have a set of the ARB Intensity LED lamps. Hands down the best I've seen. The light is incredible and the throw is amazing. I have the Spot and the Flood one of each up front nothing else and it's all I need. Sticker shock is the only thing negative. But. Who cares right?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I have a set of the ARB Intensity LED lamps. Hands down the best I've seen. The light is incredible and the throw is amazing. I have the Spot and the Flood one of each up front nothing else and it's all I need. Sticker shock is the only thing negative. But. Who cares right?

Buy once - cry once :D

jhill15

Explorer
I had a set of led headlights from ebay that were supposed to be amazing. ..and they were, however after about 6 months one started flickering so I had to remove them. Heres a pic of them, dont buy these!
9d7e7a2022138bb66eec12c828051b24.jpg

I also had some tuff led lights, these are awesome and not expensive.

Tuff LED Lights 4 X 4" Inch Round 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1450 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ERTIKI/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_O2G6ub086PXKD

I would also like to try out this light bar

30" Led Off Road Led Light Bar Flood/spot Combo Beam- 3w Led-180w-11,250 Lumen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LNJI1KI/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_R6G6ub1N65YZH

trailscape

Explorer
I've kind of come to the conclusion that if you intend to go cheap, then well go really cheap.. It seems after a certain price range, they are all sort of hit or miss quality speaking.

These guys can be found for under 30 bucks. I've used the same pair for several years and they work better than the Rigid Dually's I splurged on (not D2's). The Rigids were crushed in a wreck, the cheapo one survived... Figures.
http://amzn.com/B00IXDHYQO

41mDpdSMdEL.jpg

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
I'm sure those ARB lights are great, but shouldn't they be for that price.

I just can't drop that kind of cash on a light. I do think they look good also but just can't do it.

So back to the low cost ones...
Thank you for the links and such, trailscape may have to get a pair of those for my side facing lights.

Mako1114

Adventurer
I've kind of come to the conclusion that if you intend to go cheap, then well go really cheap.. It seems after a certain price range, they are all sort of hit or miss quality speaking.

These guys can be found for under 30 bucks. I've used the same pair for several years and they work better than the Rigid Dually's I splurged on (not D2's). The Rigids were crushed in a wreck, the cheapo one survived... Figures.
http://amzn.com/B00IXDHYQO

View attachment 272287

I have the 12" light bar version of these in a spot/flood combo pattern mounted to the hawse fairlead bracket on my Jeep and out to 100 yds it has really decent illumination. Definitely not the best or even close but for ~$50.00 it works great. I also have a 24" Anzo hi-intensity LED bar on my truck which is a ~$650.00 light bar (spot pattern) and I find that it concentrates too much light directly in front of vehicle, however the amber lense cover helps to mitigate the dark to light contrast.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles