Rock Sliders for a F150, does anyone make them?

98dango

Expedition Leader
If your going to own a ford you have 2 choices learn to accept that things will have to be made to work or don't have them. I have installed Trail Gear sliders on 4 rigs none of them where a toyota. Not alot for rock any thing that can be purchased for newer fords. I will be building mine in the next few months.

Chicken Helmet

Looking For Lost
Slight problem is that all of their sliders are made for Toyotas. Thanks for posting though.

Understand. But the longest ones will work for my truck and since the extensions have to be welded onthey can be put where ever needed. Some people may even have to have different extensions made but with an inability to fabricate, finding someone local to weld them on is cheaper than making and welding up a set for a specific vehicle.

chaos616

Adventurer
I've never seen those kits, they seem nice but kinda light duty for a fullsize rig (might be fine depending on weight though), I have run into this problem constantly, my 3/4 chevy weighs so much that anything "universal" is usually way too light duty and wouldn't hold up. I ended up building almost everything for my truck. I guess it depends on their function on the truck and what your doing with it. With my homebuilt ones i can lift the truck completely on the rocksliders and they only deflect about 1/8" or so.

So much stuff out there is made for everything but american brand vehicles because american vehicles aren't "cool" overland vehicles. Please update with what you choose to do and how it holds up. BTW i think my sliders cost me a total of about 150 dollars with cost of welding rod, steel, bolts and then i used some scrap steel laying around too.

Chicken Helmet

Looking For Lost
My issue is I don't own a welder. I would have to farm the building and welding of them to the truck anyway. If I can get a kit for cheaper than the cost of a one off set that will get the job done i'm better off. Where I go its more about logs than rocks, at least here in Florida.

chaos616

Adventurer
yeah, having the fab tools is always a huge cost too, and unless you have a friend who has the tools and owes you a favor, weld shops tend to be quite expensive as well.

98dango

Expedition Leader
The chassis unlimited should hold up you may have an extra brace added for deflection. I believe someone on hear used them. It all comes down to how you use your truck. I run my truck hard on rocks mud snow and sand. I plan to run it even harder and put 40s on it. So my sliders will be tied to a flat bed and ya da ya da. I have the tools and skills to fab my truck parts just not the place. I will be building what I can at a friends house and buying what I can't.

Thank you to everyone so far for all of your input. I wish I knew how to weld. If I did I'd do it myself. Probably wouldn't be pretty, but the only faces I'd be turning would belong to rocks:)

beadblaster

Observer
Sliders

Rock slide engineering makes a set for the super crew. I have a set on my raptor and have pounded them on the rocks and they gave held up very well. To install them you do have to drill abunch of holes in your rocker panels.

Rock slide engineering makes a set for the super crew. I have a set on my raptor and have pounded them on the rocks and they gave held up very well. To install them you do have to drill abunch of holes in your rocker panels.

I ordered a set yesterday!!! Thanks, when I arrived at the site, it mentioned having an extended end of the year clearance sale and has numerous sets of rock sliders made for the extended cab F150's. I paid $240 for the set and $100 bucks for shipping. You just cannot beat that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles