Rigid Industries :: Torture Test

RigidIndustries

Hey Expo!

Have you all seen this Torture test video yet?!

How durable are our LED Light Bars?
See what happens when we cut, crush, drag, torch and drown our lights to death.

We put our products to the test so that there's no question;
You're buying the best LED Light Bars available!

on youtube:
http://youtu.be/EXMzkh-NzJk

We are planning out a lot of new videos for 2015, what kind of videos would you like to come up next?

greasyfingers

How about a video that gives a 50% coupon code....

All kidding aside, a side by side comparison to similar products on the market, both illumination, and torture test. High end, low end, standard conical reflectors, 3D, reflectors. I'm sure you'll have to leave brand name out but we'd get the picture.

BCobe

Adventurer
How about a video that gives a 50% coupon code....

All kidding aside, a side by side comparison to similar products on the market, both illumination, and torture test. High end, low end, standard conical reflectors, 3D, reflectors. I'm sure you'll have to leave brand name out but we'd get the picture.

I would like to see something like this. Have a non bias party do the testing, numbers, pictures and true data would be awesome

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I think some video showing the difference in the beam patterns offered would be extremely beneficial for the majority of people.
The graphics help get an idea but seeing these different patterns set up in the same spot and same angle (like from the drivers seat) would be amazing!

Asking/Getting some Rigid customer videos in from their adventures on trails etc would be cool to splice into a cool video also.

BCobe

Adventurer
I think some video showing the difference in the beam patterns offered would be extremely beneficial for the majority of people.
The graphics help get an idea but seeing these different patterns set up in the same spot and same angle (like from the drivers seat) would be amazing!

Asking/Getting some Rigid customer videos in from their adventures on trails etc would be cool to splice into a cool video also.

I do agree a video would be beneficial but I also feel that the mounting points would need to be the same as well as comparing similar sized lights, rather than comparing a 30 inch to a 50 inch. Also the addition of additional lights (headlights, fogs, and other accessory lights etc.) would have to be out of the picture. I feel that a test along the lines of what usmcdoc14 did on JKO would be the best route, kind of a head to head demonstration of the lights. I know that a comparison of EVERY company that puts out an LED bar would be a fairly big task but a comparison of bigger brands, as well as a few of the popular mid class and eBay/Amazon varieties, would be the best route.

Just my 0.02

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I would like to see something like this. Have a non bias party do the testing, numbers, pictures and true data would be awesome
Photometry and performance metrics relative to human physiology.
That is, which products let us see farther and with better acuity based on pupil dilation and rod/cone recruitment, etc.

AFSOC

Explorer
That video must have been a huge amount of fun to do. You have found some very creative ways to "test" your product. Out of curiosity, how many of the torture tests were inspired by actual warranty claims? I know customers can be the most creative when it comes to product torture.

AlaricD

Observer
It'll be interesting to see if this kind of marketing continues, now that Truck-Lite has acquired Rigid. Truck-Lite may be somewhat more businesslike, considering their desire to capture and hold the fleet market, where standards compliance is a major concern.

Not that such marketing doesn't have its place-- what would an auto commercial be without some daring maneuver and a "professional driver on closed course, do not attempt" notice on the bottom of the screen?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Would rather see tests of lights mounted and see which one makes you see the best. Not what labs tests say.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Would rather see tests of lights mounted and see which one makes you see the best. Not what labs tests say.
mmmmkay.
So how would you suggest they "test" the lights if not with a meter of some sort?
Point the lights at a hamster until it's head explodes?

Trucklite and Rigid are real companies that will employ real scientific instruments to obtain real data on the performance of their products.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
again, Judging by your standards, certain lights "test" better than others. like, for example the JW compared to the Truck lite. I know from my personal experience that in fact the truck light high beam produces a much longer wider beam than the JW. but your tests say otherwise. So, Just line em up, with NON reflective distance markers and see which one lights up farthest and widest. Simple test that works in real world. not just in lab test.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
again, Judging by your standards, certain lights "test" better than others. like, for example the JW compared to the Truck lite. I know from my personal experience that in fact the truck light high beam produces a much longer wider beam than the JW. but your tests say otherwise. So, Just line em up, with NON reflective distance markers and see which one lights up farthest and widest. Simple test that works in real world. not just in lab test.
So, just look at an illuminated item in the distance in a photograph and subjectively try and judge which light illuminates it better/best?
Rather than putting a meter at that same item and objectively measuring the light hitting it?
I think that the community at large would prefer the meter frankly.

Or the hamster's head exploding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles