New JK Stubby Bumper from ARB

mikeJKUR

Adventurer
Old thread, but...

Anyone have a good prospective on using this stubby bumper for an overlanding oriented JKUR?

The ARB and AEV full width bumpers look okay. But I'm not a huge fun of how the close the gap between the fenders and bumper to meet Euro-specifications. And most of the other bumpers seem too fab shopped for my tastes (flat steel plates welded together).

This seems like it solves a lot of front bumper problems.

Lighter weight (than full width)
low winch mount
includes license plate mount
multiple light and antenna mounts
solid recovery points
solid hi lift points
winch, radiator, coolant line protection
General wildlife strike protection
Improved angles

The only downsides I see are:
No airbag cans
Possibility of taking a full impact on the tire/wheel/axle.

Have you seen the TJM stubby bumper?

79119=8980-TJM-USA-Bumper.jpg

Bennyhana

Adventurer
Great info. You know what they say: pictures or it didn't happen.

The new finish looks like AEVs finish. I just wonder if the stubby would look dumb with skinnier tires like 34x10.5s.

I am slacking as a Jeep owner...I just realized I don't have any pics of my Jeep with the new bumper. I'll fix that tomorrow. Right now I'm running the stock BFG M/T's on a 2.5" AEV lift. I ended up using spacers to widen the stance a little but otherwise doesn't look to goofy.

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
I love the look of the skinnier tire. I have the 285/75/17 BFG MT2 on 17x8 rims fitted to the ARB OME 2.5" susp. Love the ARB Stubby......!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
I am slacking as a Jeep owner...I just realized I don't have any pics of my Jeep with the new bumper. I'll fix that tomorrow. Right now I'm running the stock BFG M/T's on a 2.5" AEV lift. I ended up using spacers to widen the stance a little but otherwise doesn't look to goofy.

Post it up. I'm real curious how that looks. That's probably the set up is have for awhile.

I love the look of the skinnier tire. I have the 285/75/17 BFG MT2 on 17x8 rims fitted to the ARB OME 2.5" susp. Love the ARB Stubby......!!!

Nice! Looks good to me!That's the exact set up I'm considering. Thanks.

Is there any room in it to cut holes for the foglights or mounting a small air tank? I assume it's pretty jam packed in there.

Last edited:

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
Nice! Looks good to me!That's the exact set up I'm considering. Thanks.

Is there any room in it to cut holes for the foglights or mounting a small air tank? I assume it's pretty jam packed in there.[/QUOTE]

The Warn ZEON winch took some massaging to fit the bumper, not much room in there. I have plans to install some flush mount RIGID lights on the end caps to shine toward the sides of the roadway but not a lot of room....

forsakenfuture

Explorer
My neighbor recently had his truck stolen and the theifs ran into my Jeep with his truck. Now I need a bumper and as much as I want a full width AEV bumper the ARB Stubby is more in my price range. Does anyone know where this bumper is made? I understand ARB has other manufacturing plants than in Australia.

mikeJKUR

Adventurer
My neighbor recently had his truck stolen and the theifs ran into my Jeep with his truck. Now I need a bumper and as much as I want a full width AEV bumper the ARB Stubby is more in my price range. Does anyone know where this bumper is made? I understand ARB has other manufacturing plants than in Australia.

Most ARB products sold in the U.S. are made in Thailand.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Are the shackle mounts tied directly into the frame or does this use a bull bar mounting bracket like other ARB bumpers? I assume that they're strong enough if ARB put them there. I know their normal bull bars don't have shackle mounts for that reason.

My other idea, has anyone tried mounting some LED fog lights below the bumper? There seems to be some OEM holes to mount them in and be fairly protected. I have Truck Lites, but I miss the fog-lights with them off, and I plan to use the bumper light mounts for a lightbar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles