Adventure Northside, Northwestern Germany 3-5 April 2015

Tom Mc

Yep, I'm spreading my wings and organising an event abroad.

Held over the Easter holiday period from 3-5 April 2015 at a great venue in the village of Vethem (10 minutes west of Walsrode, Lower Saxony, Northwest Germany), it is a major overland and bushcraft show for lovers of 4x4 travel and the great outdoors.

A show such as this has never been attempted before in Germany, so it's really pushing the boundaries. The venue is actually a kids adventure camp for most of the year, but come April it will turn into a continental version of our own the Adventure Overland Show at Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse, England, only with woods, lakes, cabins and a great children's (and adults!) adventure playground. What's really nice is the villagers of Vethem have welcomed us with open arms, a very different story to the NIMBYS we have in Britain. It will be a cracking show, so hopefully we will see a few Brits make it over. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!!

See www.adventure-northside.com

Eh ... Roseann and Jonathan, fancy popping over? I can guarantee a proper bed this time rather than a last-minute tent, sleeping bag and duvet! Serious, it would be great to see you again. Let me know if you can make it. Tx

Last edited:

BCobe

Adventurer
Damn! Thinking about making this a yearly thing? Will not be around in April. Would love to attend though.

Tom Mc

Looks like fun…I will have to see if I can get time to come visit. Just curious how this is different than the annual http://www.abenteuer-allrad.de expo?

It will be very different. The show at Bad Kissingen is great, but it covers all aspects of 4x4 (i.e. New SUV's, motorsport, mud-plugging, overlanding) featuring extreme suspension set-ups, Dakar stuff, etc., whereas Adventure Northside 2015 (AN`15) will concentrate purely on overland travel and bushcraft.

Another unique attraction at AN`15 will be the seminars. All free of charge of course, these will cover all aspects of overland travel from building/converting a standard-sized 4x4 or lorry into a camper/expedition truck, to documentation, preparation, route planning, medical requirements, and so forth. And this is only one half of the show. Seminars for the bushcraft will cover cooking, survival training (handy for when your vehicle breaks down in the middle of nowhere), how to avoid and treat tropical diseases, etc.

Please be aware, it is not a 4x4 show - it doesn't even have an off-road course! Instead it's a great excuse for a giant get-together for like-minded souls who love nature, the great outdoors and overland type travel. The type of traders will reflect this, so obviously will be lower in number then Bass Kiss. It would also be nice to see some adventure motorcycles there, as the links between 4x4s and bikes is massive.

In a nutshell, Adventure Northside is not meant as an alternative to Bad Kiss, it is simply a completely different type of show for Germany, one they have never seen before!

Tom Mc

Damn! Thinking about making this a yearly thing? Will not be around in April. Would love to attend though.

Yes BCobe, it will be an annual event. A 10-year plan was discussed with the venue, so you have time yet! :)

Tom Mc

Originally scheduled for 3-5 April 2015 (Easter), unfortunately "Adventure Northside" has been postponed until October 2015.

This has been forced upon us by strict German trading laws covering the Easter religious festival, our hands are truly tied!

To be honest, it would have been all too easy to give up at the first obstacle, but we believe we're creating something really special here (as do the trade and owners/enthusiasts judging by the positive feedback), so we are going to forge ahead with new purpose. The bonus? Now the event's late Summer instead of Spring, we can expect similar weather or even better, that has to be good! We trust you'll continue to support us ... all the way!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles