LSD rear diff @ 155lb-ft
Air Lift 1000 Rear bags
OE Rear Tire Carrier

Thanks,
-Duke90

Last edited:

bushnut

Adventurer
After all that you'll have a brand new truck. Lookin' good btw. and way more capable than stock.

marty1977

Adventurer
duke that will be a nice ride :drool: Im slowly inching with replacing some of the items you mentioned and the goal is the same to make a good overland truck.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Looks really nice, I can't tell from the pictures or list, but do you have manual hubs yet? I would highly suggest them as they will save you lots of wear, tear, and gas. :) Otherwise, very well done, similar route to my build. As far as the airlift springs go, unless you're planning on carrying a baby elephant in the back of the pathfinder, the OME suspension will hold the load really well. I know from experience, the sag is minimal, even at or above the stock GVWR. For lights, you might want to check out my build on how to stow Rigid Duallys away in the front bumper and still maintain a stock-ish look.

604allstar

Looks really nice, I can't tell from the pictures or list, but do you have manual hubs yet? I would highly suggest them as they will save you lots of wear, tear, and gas. :) Otherwise, very well done, similar route to my build. As far as the airlift springs go, unless you're planning on carrying a baby elephant in the back of the pathfinder, the OME suspension will hold the load really well. I know from experience, the sag is minimal, even at or above the stock GVWR. For lights, you might want to check out my build on how to stow Rigid Duallys away in the front bumper and still maintain a stock-ish look.

I'm looking to do pretty much the exact same setup right now just waiting for the ome springs to come back into stock. I was planning on installing the airlift due to the fact that I don't have any bump stops in right now and it appeared that bump stops are almost the same price the the airlift kit. $40 vs $78

Any reason not to install these??

Thanks for the help, this site is amazing!

Allof75

Pathfinder
I'm looking to do pretty much the exact same setup right now just waiting for the ome springs to come back into stock. I was planning on installing the airlift due to the fact that I don't have any bump stops in right now and it appeared that bump stops are almost the same price the the airlift kit. $40 vs $78

Any reason not to install these??

Thanks for the help, this site is amazing!

Well, I'm not 100% sure how these mount, but some units do limit flex. However if these essentially are free to move around on one side, your only issue would be if they puncture or not, and if you do have a load, sometimes they can make the ride pretty stiff, and considering they're not designed to be used as bumpstops, you may want to go with another system. But if you think you'd have a use for them, by all means.

duke90

Adventurer
Marty1977- Thanks, the ride didn't feel too bad, but I figured I might as well get everything changed out and not have any worries for a few years.

Allof75- I do have the manual hubs installed already. I had them put on back in March at the same time I got the rims and had the engine swap completed. I noticed that mpg in the city went from 15 to 16 and on the highway it went from 18 to now averaging about 20.5 I was loaded up for a two week roadtrip in June and averaged 19.8 over 4,000 highway miles.

I'm going to hold off for now on the Airbags, I did, however, order the RR differential guard and the Philips Xtreme Power bulbs last night. I read Stoic's post about the bulbs and it looks like that will make a big difference. I was considering the rigid duallys, but how much light do they give off? Can you see a substantial difference compared to having no auxiliary lights? Lately I've been leaning towards getting a rigid E-series 20" light bar with the mix of flood/spot. I find myself always driving back on old service roads when it's dark and I'd like something that will light up everything in front of me.

Last edited:

duke90

Adventurer
Ended up ordering a few more parts tonight:
Inner tie rod (2)
AC Delco #45A2103
Raybestos #405-1103 (wanted both Raybestos, but they only had 1 left so I got the AC for the 2nd)

Outter tie rod (2)
AC Delco #45A0830
CV half shaft assembly (2)
Caronde Select #66-6185
Rockford CV boots (2sets)
#166-21 and #166-23 (2 of each)

Rota

If you get a chance, could you post pictures of the install of your front end parts? I need to do a similar front end overhaul on my Pathfinder and it would help a ton to know what I'm up against.

Awesome looking truck by the way, and beautiful pictures! It's making me excited to start building my Pathfinder.

duke90

Adventurer
If you get a chance, could you post pictures of the install of your front end parts? I need to do a similar front end overhaul on my Pathfinder and it would help a ton to know what I'm up against.

Awesome looking truck by the way, and beautiful pictures! It's making me excited to start building my Pathfinder.

Thanks!
I haven't received the rear coils yet, they are on backorder so hopefully I'll get them soon. Once they come in I'll have it done and will take pictures. If you look on stoic's thread you can get a lot of information and pictures as well.

Rota

Thanks!
I haven't received the rear coils yet, they are on backorder so hopefully I'll get them soon. Once they come in I'll have it done and will take pictures. If you look on stoic's thread you can get a lot of information and pictures as well.

Thanks! I was able to find some while digging through his thread. I look at my Pathfinder completely differently now after seeing yours and stoic's threads here. I used to own a 4Runner but it met an untimely death when it blew a cylinder head that was going to cost more to replace than what I paid for the truck originally. I got the Pathfinder so I could have something a bit more modern with 4WD and have loved it for the last 7 years. I ended up getting a new car so I could have something with better mileage that was fun to drive on the road so the Pathfinder has just been sitting. Now that it isn't a daily driver, I can finally have some fun with it without the fear of losing my ride to work!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Excited to see this one come along and develop! The purchases and future plans all look good. Ill be keeping an eye on this. Cheers!

duke90

Adventurer
Thanks! I was able to find some while digging through his thread. I look at my Pathfinder completely differently now after seeing yours and stoic's threads here. I used to own a 4Runner but it met an untimely death when it blew a cylinder head that was going to cost more to replace than what I paid for the truck originally. I got the Pathfinder so I could have something a bit more modern with 4WD and have loved it for the last 7 years. I ended up getting a new car so I could have something with better mileage that was fun to drive on the road so the Pathfinder has just been sitting. Now that it isn't a daily driver, I can finally have some fun with it without the fear of losing my ride to work!

I use mine as a DD and it's a great car. I was debating on buying a new car like a wrangler or a raptor when the engine went bad earlier this year, but honestly I love the way my R50 looks and it's the perfect 4x4 for what I do so I just had the engine replaced. I have several other cars, but the R50 is my favorite!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles