DefconBrix | Bed Storage Solutions | TruckVault + CargoGlide

Woodsman

Adventurer
Looks sweet.

Have you ever figured the storage efficiency (ratio of usable interior space vs exterior space) for the Truck Vault drawers ?

That's an impressive setup. I have been following your progress along on Instagram for some time. Thank you for taking the time to organize it all into one thread.

Great idea I was thinking about doing the same with my frontier, but then you find out you're having a kid and there goes your bedslide for a crib. Nice build really tasteful.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Who made your rack. I love your setup!

Thanks!! I have a FrontRunner SlimLine 2 on the truck, ARE canopy and my VMI trailer now :D I guess you could say I LOVE these racks!

Looks sweet.

Have you ever figured the storage efficiency (ratio of usable interior space vs exterior space) for the Truck Vault drawers ?

No clue on the ratio but at first I was nervous on taking up that much space in my bed but I haven't had any further concerns after actually having it all in. So much usable space and everything I carry and haul seems to just fit perfectly.

That's an impressive setup. I have been following your progress along on Instagram for some time. Thank you for taking the time to organize it all into one thread.

Thanks for following along! I am obviously on IG more often with photos because it is quick and easy right from my phone lol

Very nice set-up! I'm particularly fond of that Krag...Jerry

Thanks Jerry!!

Great idea I was thinking about doing the same with my frontier, but then you find out you're having a kid and there goes your bedslide for a crib. Nice build really tasteful.

Yeah, that happened to me a couple of years ago lol

Marking this to read later. You sure have a nice truck and setup.

Awesome, thanks!! Let me know if you have any questions!

Nuclear Redneck

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing that. And thanks for sharing the prices you paid. It is very helpful to get realistic prices. Of course, it does put a bit of a damper on the daydreams.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Thanks for sharing that. And thanks for sharing the prices you paid. It is very helpful to get realistic prices. Of course, it does put a bit of a damper on the daydreams.

Price is a huge factor in every purchase for sure. I was lucky enough to sell a few other toys and made a little money on the sale of a property so I didn't want to cut any corners on this build. There are more expensive options out there but these met all of my requirements and more.

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
I am looking at doing the same design (Tacoma platform as well)

What are your thoughts on the height of your fridge now onto of the cargoglide?
Accessible when you need it or do you need to reach for a stepstool or hop on the tailgate?

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I am looking at doing the same design (Tacoma platform as well)

What are your thoughts on the height of your fridge now onto of the cargoglide?
Accessible when you need it or do you need to reach for a stepstool or hop on the tailgate?

With the TruckVault and the CargoGlide it definitely adds some height with the ARB fridge on top.
I am 6'1 and have no problem getting into it but my wife at 5'7 is not as fortunate lol
My truck has approximately 3.25" of lift and sitting on 35's so that adds to the overall height as well.

I just installed a Norcold fridge in my trailer so that will be my go-to fridge for most adventures but keeping the ARB for those trips I don't bring the trailer.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Some photographs of the goodies pulled out in stages.

rear_open-close_1.jpg

rear_open-close_2.jpg

rear_open-close_3.jpg

rear_open-close_4.jpg

Pancake81

Wow! I am green with envy. That is an amazing set up. I am currently looking for a drawer set up for my firearms, and just cant seem to find the right strength/affordability combo. $3000 is well over my budget. My firearms are expensive, and more importantly I would never want them to get into the wrong hands, but my search continues for the right locking drawer. Thanks for sharing your build, its awesome.

What trailer is that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles