DefconBrix | Bed Storage Solutions | TruckVault + CargoGlide

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
After numerous questions about my set-up I figured it was about time to make separate thread dedicated to these products and set-up alone.

TruckVault_logo-black.png

TruckVault: truckvault.com
I am building my truck to be an all around adventure mobile and storage was very important to me. After looking at all the different brands of drawer units I kept going back to TruckVault because of the security aspect and hand built quality.

I have weapons and camera gear that often reside in these drawers that are worth way too much money so I wanted a drawer that would protect them from theft. If you also have items that are valuable then don't trust them in any other unit. If its just socks and underwear you're wanting to store then maybe go with a lower quality drawer — if you must.

The service provided from the TruckVault staff was also incredible from start to finish.

My order: $3,495
_ 2013 Tacoma: Standard Height, 2 drawer, 5' shortbed, All-Weather coating, Grey Carpet, Compression Locks, long and short dividers.

cargoglide_logo.png

CargoGlide: cargoglide.com
After choosing to go with the TruckVault my next thought was a slide of some sort because drawing into the bed gets old to grab something in the back. CargoGlide has a great reputation for quality so after doing more research and lots of calls they were willing to get me outfitted with a prototype 600XL that is a lower profile (just over 2"). I also had one made for my trailer. I don't know how I ever lived without these.

They were willing to do custom sizes for me also which really was icing on the cake with their amazing customer service.

My order: $1,695
_ Custom size 51x57 Aluminum deck 600XL, Line-X deck

_____

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
On the CargoGlide I decided to Line-X the deck for added protection and easy cleaning.

I used a local shop here in Utah, Line-X of Midvale, to tackle this project and they did an absolutely flawless job.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
This whole set-up does take up a large amount of bed space BUT it is all still usable space.
I get the security and storage plus the access to pull any load out instead of reaching or crawling into the bed.

The TruckVault's load capacity is over 2,000 pounds!

Here are some random photos of loads I have carried so far on top of it:

IMG_50982.jpg

IMG_54793.jpg

IMG_5482-1.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
When you add weight in your bed you better have a suspension capable of holding it all.

Total weight added is approximately: 410 pounds
TruckVault 215 pounds
CargoGlide 110 pounds
All-Pro PackRack 85 pounds

I also tow a trailer so I have tongue weight to add at times also.

I use the All-Pro Offroad Expedition Series Leaf Pack and not only does this provide my the strength to hold it all up but I get a damn smooth ride quality also! These are made to hold weight constantly and provide approximately 4" of lift if the bed is empty, after approximately 500 pounds is added they drop to a 3" lift and remain there.

standardrearleafs01-640.png

allpro_email-logo.png

If you are building an expo rig I highly recommend these!

IMG_52322.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_44513.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I do also have the CargoGlide 600XL in my trailer that I had powder coated red.

Not sure I would ever own a truck again without a CargoGlide in it.
The ease of pulling your cargo out over crawling in and reaching is worth the investment hands down.

when it was first installed with the CVT Mt. Shasta rooftop tent on the trailer:
IMG_53812.jpg

IMG_53781.jpg

how it sits now with the new CVT Mt. Adams rooftop tent on top of the trailer and Line-X'd fenders.:
IMG_69991.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Snapped a few photos before taking it down for some fun.

IMG_72371.jpg

IMG_72391.jpg

IMG_72461.jpg

100% extension!

IMG_7255.jpg

IMG_72641.jpg

If you're not running a TruckVault in your rig, you're really missing out.

IMG_72531.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Throwback photo before the CargoGlide was added.

IMG_49673.jpg

No matter what the angle the TruckVault performs flawlessly.
Well... I haven't tried it upside down yet lol

IMG_47505.jpg

EXP-T100

Adventurer
Thats a great setup. love the idea of a slide out on top of the draw, perfect for for a truck with a topper.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I use a big slider like that under my vans sleep platform to slide out the back doors. It's nice to be able to get to your stuff and just as important to stow it away just as fast. Yours is incredible!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles