The OFFICIAL Overland Expo EAST 2014 Thread!

I'm planning on fully enjoying the southern food vendors. I'll have the old Italian espresso maker that lives in Huxley ('57 107" SW) and some donuts for the morning and some IPA to accompany the food truck chow and that's about it.

Jonathan, can you remind of that awesome homemade donut place nearby?

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Jonathan, can you remind of that awesome homemade donut place nearby?

Well, not exactly nearby, as in breakfast before the show. It's in Boone, NC. If you drive the Blue Ridge Parkway on your way to or from the show, it's easy to access. It's called the Local Lion. Damn you for reminding me about them; I'm still two thousand miles away.

deathbywanderlust

Scientist/ Adventurer
Anybody bringing mountain bikes? We were trying to decide... didn't know if it would be good to have or just a pain to keep up with. (This is our first expo so don't really know what to expect). Thanks!

hansrober

Adventurer
I think we are going to bring ours, At worst it makes quick work out of running back to camp for some forgotten item. Some classes looks to be a bit of a hike.

hansrober

Adventurer
As I understand, all those activities in that link are open to all attending! Thats a lot of interesting things to check out! There's a lot more listed in the full experience package. It looks like all of us will have a full weekend!

General Automag

Adventurer
Is anyone bringing their children with them? We have an 8-year old that would love some playmates. Anyone heading up from Georgia/Atlanta?

General Automag

Adventurer
If you've registered for the Overland Experience package, you'll receive an email soon with a link for choosing the classes you want. We send them out in the order people sign up.

Are all of the classes still open? If not, do you have a list of the ones that are full or how many available slots are left in each? Thanks!

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Are all of the classes still open? If not, do you have a list of the ones that are full or how many available slots are left in each? Thanks!

The list of classes that are full with waiting lists (right now, five out of around a hundred) is on the website, here.

Children are welcome (and free) and there is plenty for them to do. Again, the website will fill you in.

I am confused - on the Expo East page it says to see the Weekend pass Schedule and to click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u5gf05vozl4eai/Schedule-Overland-Expo-2014-East-DayPass.pdf?dl=0

what can we attend as weekend pass holders?

If you go to http://www.overlandexpo.com/weekend-pass , partway down the page, on the right, you will see there's a comparison chart.

I purchased a Weekend Pass. If you do as well, remember that the camping is not included. That must be purchased separately.

I plan to be there from Thursday to Sunday with my new-to-me FWC Fleet that I'll be picking up earlier in the week.

Looking forward to meeting like minded adventurers.

swduncan

Observer
Anyone know if the food vendors will be open for all three meals, or just lunch & dinner or just lunch? Trying to decide how much food & kitchen to bring...I'd prefer to buy from the vendors, but if they won't be available some times (i.e. Thursday evening, or Monday morning) I'd like to be prepared.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz