Have to ask...but not sure which category...Potty breaks?

Scottydog13

Observer
Glad I posed this question...awesome feedback. I'll be buying a pop up privacy tent and probably the PETT.

Thanks again for the information and a few good laughs..

grogie

Like to Camp
Two things... I bought a Grand Trunk privacy tent. It goes up super fast and doesn't have to be staked down either, unless there is wind and/or you want to hang a shower bag inside. Huge interior!

1eua.jpg

I also bought a Turbo Toilet, which is really a space saver. I've reviewed it here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/119287-Turbo-Toilet-Review

4zp4.jpg

Boost Creep

Adventurer
do wag bags work on the bumper dumper? never used either and looking into options in this catagory right now too. their site says use plastic shopping bags but i'd rather not and i'd like the option of a bag that is degradable

Jakes01234

Explorer
Seeing this thread is already awkward.... how many times can you drop a deuce in one bag on that PETT setup? I'm guessing one time is the limit. Also if both urine and poop are in the bag does it make it difficult to handle?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

perkj

Explorer
Seeing this thread is already awkward.... how many times can you drop a deuce in one bag on that PETT setup? I'm guessing one time is the limit. Also if both urine and poop are in the bag does it make it difficult to handle?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

One deuce per wag bag. No issue at all handling with urine and poop, normally how I do it.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Great idea on the pipe insulation; easier than fitting a seat to the bucket...

I also bought a Turbo Toilet, which is really a space saver. I've reviewed it here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/119287-Turbo-Toilet-Review

4zp4.jpg
Interesting...
Does the hard plastic seat fold up to load a bag?
And what makes it rigid? Their website isn't all that informative.
Easy to find online though: http://beprepared.com/black-pine-tu...&oc=GOOGLELA&gclid=CILmnpz-nMACFZBAMgodKFsAgA

grogie

Like to Camp
Interesting...
Does the hard plastic seat fold up to load a bag?
And what makes it rigid? Their website isn't all that informative.
Easy to find online though: http://beprepared.com/black-pine-tu...&oc=GOOGLELA&gclid=CILmnpz-nMACFZBAMgodKFsAgA

The entire thing compresses and then fits in it's own bag with no parts to it, so it's next to nothing to store it. It just pulls open, then to compress it, just push in the sides and it folds down. Very sturdy. I think it says it's good for 300#s! However it sits low and I think for most adults it needs to be put on a couple of blocks to sit up higher for just comfort of getting on and off it. Ha!

s45e.jpg

3wp5.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The entire thing compresses and then fits in it's own bag with no parts to it, so it's next to nothing to store it. It just pulls open, then to compress it, just push in the sides and it folds down. Very sturdy. I think it says it's good for 300#s! However it sits low and I think for most adults it needs to be put on a couple of blocks to sit up higher for just comfort of getting on and off it. Ha!

s45e.jpg

3wp5.jpg
What about the poo-bag?
Theirs looks like a zip-in affair or something rather than the Double-Doodie bag-within-a-bag-with-dual-ziplock-closure system.
I like the generic appeal of a bucket but the Turbo is really space efficient and almost elegant...

Dazrin

Adventurer
And what are the replacement bags? It looks like the "double doodie" bags, but do other bags fit ok? I really like the small size of this, especially since my girls are small right now.

spazstic

Lives for the weekend
This thread cracks me up... Are you all Hollywood folk or what?

I think the first response hit the nail on the head. Shovel. TP. Done.

perkj

Explorer

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
SPazstic, nice first post even here.....

It's a concession to having my daughter and wife along and on some east coast areas, not a ton of spots to use. Plus I use my set-up at bike races, triathlons, etc when the 1 port-a-potty for 100 athletes is too nasty to use if I don't have too.

But again thanks for your input : P

Dazrin

Adventurer
This thread cracks me up... Are you all Hollywood folk or what?

I think the first response hit the nail on the head. Shovel. TP. Done.
That works most places, but some places won't let you just bury it - pack it in, pack it out. Even your biologicals. In other cases, having a "potty" is what it takes to get a significant other to come on the trail with us. My wife isn't much for going in the woods and a potty w/ enclosure is the condition she has placed on going with me.

For me, yes, I carry a shovel and a roll of TP.

Thanks, but my girls are getting just big enough that these are probably too small. I also need something that an adult can use, which is why the turbo toilet was intriguing. It is small enough for the girls and the adults can put it on a box or block of wood to get it at a usable height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles