Blu Tooth for 03' G500

WarnerD9

Builder
I was hoping that someone could provide input and solutions. I just bought a 03' G500 with 31k miles. I love it like crazy but I've seen several other 03's with factory integrated blue tooth and my local dealer is saying they can't make it happen.

It's got microphones, phone buttons on the steering wheel, a button on the stereo/head unit. But there doesn't seem to be any way to pair/hookup a phone. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm really trying to avoid going aftermarket.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
I don't think they had factory integrated Bluetooth. There was a cell phone option, but I'm pretty sure that was the wired kind.

There is almost nothing you can do to the factory system to increase its capabilities.

There is a factory iPod connection that you can buy and install, which will give you a little headphone jack that you plug into your iPod to play it on the factory sound system.

There was some sort of aftermarket Dension kit previously available, not sure if it's still out there or not. That might have had a Bluetooth setup.

Factory Bluetooth though... don't think so. Not 100%, but pretty close.

otiswesty

Regular guy
The factory phone cradle accepts a bluetooth puck that allows for the use of bluetooth using the factory phone mic and speaker. If you do not have the cradle in the center console, you will need to get that in addition to the puck. All Mercedes parts.

WarnerD9

Builder
The factory phone cradle accepts a bluetooth puck that allows for the use of bluetooth using the factory phone mic and speaker. If you do not have the cradle in the center console, you will need to get that in addition to the puck. All Mercedes parts.

Any clues on part numbers or what to ask for? My dealer seems to be clueless. Thanks for chiming in!

WarnerD9

Builder

Thank you. I don't have the cradle. I've found the v60 and cable eliminator kit. But I want to make sure I've got everything lined up before I start the project.

It seems that most of the forums address situations where they already have the cradle. Many dealers simply removed them once the service was unavailable.

I believe that mine had the cradle removed and I'm trying to dot the i's and cross the t's to make sure I have a solution before I start acquiring useless parts.

Please keep the info coming. Thanks!

94rover

I was hoping that someone could provide input and solutions. I just bought a 03' G500 with 31k miles. I love it like crazy but I've seen several other 03's with factory integrated blue tooth and my local dealer is saying they can't make it happen.

It's got microphones, phone buttons on the steering wheel, a button on the stereo/head unit. But there doesn't seem to be any way to pair/hookup a phone. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm really trying to avoid going aftermarket.

http://www.wireless4mb.com/page8/page8.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles