What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

zimm

Expedition Leader
thats the uber rack. i just noticed the corner led's. nice touch.

any odd wind noises?

Ramjet

Explorer
I used Raptor Liner, not Line-X

raptorlinerupol.jpg

$99 bucks per kit w/gun :)

One kit was more than enough for everything

Are you kidding? My last build cost me 200 just for Line X. I think I found my new solution to Line X. Thanks.

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Are you kidding? My last build cost me 200 just for Line X. I think I found my new solution to Line X. Thanks.

Not to take anything away from Raptor, but Line-X is definitely a superior coating that's hot tanked and more robust than any of the DIY stuff.

That being said, I don't feel Line-X is worth what the dealers actually charge when DIY kits like Raptor, Al's and Scorpion yield excellent results at a fraction of the price.

My entire rig is coated with both Raptor (black) and Al's/Scorpion (tan) and it probably cost me about $300 bucks in material :cool:

my80atsorethumb2.JPG

my80atsorethumb3.JPG

my80atsorethumb1.jpg

I have lots of other goodies with Raptor and they've held up quite well :)

My golf cart
newlimocart1.JPG

clubcarcarrier6.JPG

Minicab
mightymitz4wd4.JPG

minimitzmudding14.JPG

minimitzmudding6.JPG

Drag Boat
dragboatbedlined.JPG

dragboatbedlined6.JPG

newmoparboatseats6.JPG

Cig Boat
cruiservillain4.JPG

villaininteriorshots2.JPG

HotRod
29ferdcarpetupdate4.JPG

29ferdcarpetupdate11.JPG

hotrodwalcraigzpic.JPG

Not to mention laptops, guitars, shop tools, lifts, rifles, etc., etc. (yeah, I put it on everything lol)

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
HOLY MOLY! Where do you get yours from. I'll be in touch for pointers on application and techniques. love what you did with the 80!

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
HOLY MOLY! Where do you get yours from. I'll be in touch for pointers on application and techniques. love what you did with the 80!

We get ours from our local paint supplier and we buy in bulk.

Here's a tip:

Each kit contains 4 bottles of bed liner base, but comes with enough hardener for more than 6 bottles, so it may be worth it if you can find a couple of individual bed liner base bottles for sale on the cheap :)

You can never have too much, but it really sucks if you manage to run short :eek:

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
I contributed to my 80's drinking problem. It's getting out of hand. There's going to be an intervention in the near future. (At least for the oil). She doesn't think there's a problem, but she just can't hold her spirits. Puking all over the driveway and what not. It's disgusting, but I love her, so what can I do? She drinks like a sailor.

Oh well, another five gallons for the ride home.

Sempertoy

Explorer
I went to get in mine this morning and it was dead as a door nail. I think I may have a battery problem (bad cell)

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Rewired my winch cover lighting with waterproof LED strips and also wired up a pair of 9" HID flood lights :)

newbumperlightsrewire1.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire2.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire3.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire4.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire5.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire6.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire7.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire8.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire9.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire10.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire11.jpg

Damn things are bright as hell and I've got 5 more going on the roof :Wow1:

CYK

Adventurer
Ordered two new factory outer tie rods. Boot ripped on one side on 10k miles young truck.

Hope this isn't a recurring issue. :(

jdlobb

Adventurer
I dropped in the rear box that my uncle custom built for it, and quickly realized that I need to work on it a lot to make it look more professional. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

T4R@DNA

Observer
Finally did the LED interior lights plus reverse lights. Bought all parts from Amazon. Did the map, both overhead, all four doors, two rear side markers and the reverse lights for right around $30. Absolutely the most bang for your buck mod I've ever done to any vehicle. Ever.
Any Pictures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne