Converting a standard cargo box to a camper

vwalan

hi .making a pass through isnt that difficult .we use two z section ally channels ,one sits inside the other but upside down .one fixed to the truck the other to the box . with a rubber foam insulation /rattle stopper. have the corners welded and water runs off the sides .
i call ed them z sectioned but theyt arent proper z but up across then up again .
dust does work its way in but then dust as that magic trick anyway.

TWHuntFish

Custom new build by truck body company

I had the same idea, heavy duty insulated box, build out the interior for my needs.
Purchased a low/reasonable mileage 2006 Fe-140 (2wd) from Mesa, AZ. Rust Free...
Had a reputable ( over 60 years in business ) truck body company build it new to my specs.
Put BFG KM2 tires all around so I carry one spare, and have little worry of flats from rocks.

WrightsBeach9.1.12 005.jpg

tamangel

Adventurer
old thread but wondered if any additional progress on these featured builds or others with the same ideas starting anew..

Mike W

Unimog435

bump
"Had a reputable ( over 60 years in business ) truck body company build it new to my specs."

care to share details?

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
old thread but wondered if any additional progress on these featured builds or others with the same ideas starting anew..

Mike W

Updates would be good. This is one of the builds that inspired me. I am using a Uhaul box on my build. See link in my sig at bottom.

jydog

Here is mine in progress. Its a 2006 E350 with a 10ft BOX.

Subscribe here to keep up with the progress
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4M7OaDVwdt8pntziztlg-svIzxZKbc0U

IMG_20160206_161402531.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles