Adventurer
Our last trip to the Carrizo Plain
100_1184.jpg

100_1207.jpg

100_1177.jpg

Beamer pilot

Explorer
[/QUOTE]

Ideal location for the fire extinguisher.
We had the Jeep out by the lake Monday and discussed the tailgate shelf. Next mod this week.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Ideal location for the fire extinguisher.
We had the Jeep out by the lake Monday and discussed the tailgate shelf. Next mod this week.

Thanks. Thst shelf is one of the most useful mods I've done so far. Great for cooking, laying out maps and books, using the laptop, workin on small things...etc. I use it more than I thought I would.

lostagain

Observer
Here's a couple shots of my tent cot farm over Easter weekend in Utah's west desert. And again a couple weeks ago in southern Utah.

uploadfromtaptalk1400598900620.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400598918778.jpg

ADV-R

Observer
Close to Detroit Lake

Attachments

• 10360455_10202942301850908_606634028485041442_n.jpg
    10360455_10202942301850908_606634028485041442_n.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 55

wuntenn

Adventurer
This is a place few people will be able to get a vehicle to. It's Harris Bay on the west side of the Isle of Rum, off the west coast of Scotland. It's a National Nature Reserve and no private vehicles are allowed on the island. I was working there on contract for the Government and got permission to take my Land Rover over to be able to travel about and sleep in it. There are no proper roads on the island either, basically its punishing boulder-strewn tracks and everything has to be tied down or its airborne.

rum-1.jpg

This is a wild wild island, lots of red deer (longest study of ungulates anywhere in the world is ongoing here), sea eagles, golden eagles, wild goats and more. Harris Bay is magnificent, and so much so that the previous owner of the island Sir George Bullough (and his wife) were buried here in a completely ott mausoleum. As you come over the pass and start to drop down you are confronted by the glorious bay and the buildings - an old shooting lodge (now used by reserve scientific staff & stalkers) with the mausoleum behind. It is glorious. Some of the earliest habitations in Scotland are on Rum, dating back 9000 years. The lines on the landscape in the golden shot are 'lazy beds' which residents used to grow crops in, fertilizing them with seaweed.

rum-2.jpg

I stayed there several times, sometimes in the wildest of storms with hurricane force winds chucking walls of seawater over the mausoleum. Being on the west side it it catches the worst of the weather when south-westerly gales send in massive seas. The next two shots show wild light on the ocean, massive waves, and the track catching the glisten. And then some shots of the huge seas.

rum-3.jpg

rum-1-2.jpg

If any of you ever get there you can walk in and enjoy it, or mountain bike in.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles