5 gal water bottles

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
I am in need of a couple of 5 gal. water bottles. FDA approved. I have been looking high and low but between shipping and cost of the bottles it's expensive.

I found these: http://www.scribnerplastics.com/utiljug.htm

They are in Rancho Cordova, close to Sacramento CA. the cost is $25.00 each and they sell them in packs of 6.

They don't have them now but will make them when ordered. Between me and a couple of friends we will buy 6. They would rather make a few more than 6. I'm in the Sacramento area and can meet somewhere for the handoff.

I am not making anything here this is the actual cost then add tax. Any interest??

Curious why aren't you going with Scepter MWCs?

The link you posted doesn't say that those can are FDA approved. It just says they use and FDA material. Not to mention that BPA is FDA approved and you still dont want it in your cans.

I'd much rather use Scepters since they were designed for water and are BPA free.

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Water Bottles

I did not read the fine print, yes it says FDA material, I must have just assumed. I could call the company they do answer the phones with humans and ask about the BPA. The Scepter containers are too expensive with shipping.

I do however like the Swiss water bottles, plus they collapse when empty. I will buy a couple and check them out.

You guys on Expo are awesome!!!

doug720

Expedition Leader
Cheaper than Dirt had the swiss water bags for $7.00 a while back, so I would check them also. I bought two and use them a super solar showers. Once you hold one of these, the solar showers look like cheap play toys...which they are!

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Water Containers

Cheaperthandirt has them for 11.00 plus shipping so comes out the same. I did find Scepter cans for 37.00 free shipping so that's pretty good as well.

4x4BNB

Adventurer
I am in need of a couple of 5 gal. water bottles. FDA approved. I have been looking high and low but between shipping and cost of the bottles it's expensive.

I found these: http://www.scribnerplastics.com/utiljug.htm

They are in Rancho Cordova, close to Sacramento CA. the cost is $25.00 each and they sell them in packs of 6.

They don't have them now but will make them when ordered. Between me and a couple of friends we will buy 6. They would rather make a few more than 6. I'm in the Sacramento area and can meet somewhere for the handoff.

I am not making anything here this is the actual cost then add tax. Any interest??

That's basically what I bought ... But....they are made by VP fuels

luk4mud

Explorer
Any interest in the basic Reliance or Coleman square plastic water containers? They are cheap, easy to find, easy to use, fill and clean. The Reliance can easily be outfitted with a pvc plug from the local hw store and made water tight for travel.

Any interest in the basic Reliance or Coleman square plastic water containers? They are cheap, easy to find, easy to use, fill and clean. The Reliance can easily be outfitted with a pvc plug from the local hw store and made water tight for travel.

They leak and are weak easy to puncture. Ask me I know, dont waste your $.

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Water bottles

Agree, after finding them with free shipping I'm sold. I did buy a couple Swiss bladders, sounds bad. Swiss bladders with the two handles looks great for showers. :snorkel:

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Agree, after finding them with free shipping I'm sold. I did buy a couple Swiss bladders, sounds bad. Swiss bladders with the two handles looks great for showers. :snorkel:

New you will have a little new rubber taste. I found filling the bags up, sitting them is the sun then draining them a couple times has eliminated the taste. After several years of use and abuse Im sold on the design and reliability.

New you will have a little new rubber taste. I found filling the bags up, sitting them is the sun then draining them a couple times has eliminated the taste. After several years of use and abuse Im sold on the design and reliability.

Ditto. But I added a little baking soda at the same time.

luk4mud

Explorer
They leak and are weak easy to puncture. Ask me I know, dont waste your $.

Interesting. I have been using the Reliance ones for years, on personal trips and with the scouts. The tops leak but that can be easily solved with a pvc plug and some teflon tape. Never punctured one and I have not exactly babied them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior