Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
photoshop is a great tool.

View attachment 214555

This is a temporary solution on 32in tires. I'm hoping to move to 33in Goodyear Duratracs shortly.

Thank you very much for posting this picture! :beer:
It is now my desktop picture! :ylsmoke:
I have the same color JKURX on order. The only thing different I would like is the rear sliding windows, and the pop up left white, like this:

Attachments

• JKURX-J30S.jpg
    JKURX-J30S.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 108

skates04

Adventurer
How much wind noise are you guys getting with your J30? I feel like mine is a little excessive almost like I have a leak. However I do not feel any air and it doesn't leak water at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Slight wind noise from above the driver door. Packing a little rubber seal solves it. On mine, I can push a finger into the seal above my door and silence it completely, it's pretty easy to find.
I think we discussed it several pages back, seems to be common, maybe a small anomaly with the mold or just the way the door seal works.

skates04

Adventurer
Slight wind noise from above the driver door. Packing a little rubber seal solves it. On mine, I can push a finger into the seal above my door and silence it completely, it's pretty easy to find.
I think we discussed it several pages back, seems to be common, maybe a small anomaly with the mold or just the way the door seal works.

Yup, mine sounds like it is coming from around the drivers door. Seems like right at the top left corner so you can't really put a finger on it, but I will have to mess with the seal a little bit and see if it helps.

Thanks!

SLOfizz

Observer
Looking at the pic of the side profile, it looks like you could run a Rugged Ridge or similar light bar with lights on it and not protrude higher than the top of the J30. That would be a pretty cool look.

I have the RR bar.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=215625&d=1394763116
Besides the bar having an ugly finish that does not match the jeep, it works. Have not decided on a light yet.

BTW, anyone else having rattle issues? Mine rattles and squeaks like crazy. Tighten the bolts and it is silent for 30 minutes and then slowly starts rattling/squeaking again.

cybercat

Adventurer
Here's a glory shot of old bucket of bolts resting in DV @ lower springs camping area. DV was filled with wild flowers and tall green Tules in the Northern Saline Valley.

Attachments

• dv tules.JPG
    dv tules.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 138
  • dv jeep.JPG
    dv jeep.JPG
    340.1 KB · Views: 165

Charlie56

Adventurer
How much wind noise are you guys getting with your J30? I feel like mine is a little excessive almost like I have a leak. However I do not feel any air and it doesn't leak water at all.

Like Brian says below, but my air leak seems to be a little further back, like above the B-pillar. Usually raising and lowering the top stops the air leak.

What do other do about the access panels rattling on bumpy roads? John was going to issue some sort of fix for it but I never heard anything from him. Do others have the same problem? Other than stuffing a sleeping bag or pillow up on top in just the right location what is the best fix?

skates04

Adventurer
Like Brian says below, but my air leak seems to be a little further back, like above the B-pillar. Usually raising and lowering the top stops the air leak.

What do other do about the access panels rattling on bumpy roads? John was going to issue some sort of fix for it but I never heard anything from him. Do others have the same problem? Other than stuffing a sleeping bag or pillow up on top in just the right location what is the best fix?

I just leave my sleeping bag up there, seems like a good place for it :) no rattles with it there. I would think maybe some foam weather stripping to make them fit a little more firmly would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Espo78

Adventurer
I have the RR bar.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=215625&d=1394763116
Besides the bar having an ugly finish that does not match the jeep, it works. Have not decided on a light yet.

BTW, anyone else having rattle issues? Mine rattles and squeaks like crazy. Tighten the bolts and it is silent for 30 minutes and then slowly starts rattling/squeaking again.

Sounds like you should put some thread locker on your bolts. Are you sure you are tightening them enough?

JDaPP

Adventurer
I have the RR bar.

Yes, you just have play with it. Driver side is good now, but I still chase the passenger side from time to time. I have briefly thought about trying to rig something to connect the top to the loops at the front like the factory top in addition to the bolts. I just haven't figured out a good way to do it

JDaPP

Adventurer

I took Velcro strips and placed them on the edges of the panels, and the part of the top where the panels sit. Fixed my problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94