Show us your things that flip/fold/slide/pop or otherwise open out/up

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I like that metric. Coffee or an espresso is as simple as opening the rear tailgate connecting the propane and turning on the stove. :)

Attachments

• 1354571842396.jpg
    1354571842396.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:

graynomad

Photographer, traveller

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I REALLY wish I knew why my pictures sometimes do that?!? I even went into my album, flipped the picture upside down and reloaded it and it STILL DID THIS!! UGH! Well you get the idea...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Eezi awn makes a nice one. I dont mind taking a little time to set things up. If I did I'd still be sleeping in the back of my Jeep on an air mattress. Or I'd just stay home... lol

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
If I did I'd still be sleeping in the back of my Jeep on an air mattress.
Another option is to spend a gazillion $ on a big rig or solid-sided camper, and then you are either broke or can't go where you want because it's too large and/or heavy. There is no one perfect rig unfortunately, I've had the lot and am now probably going back to a small simple rig like yours (but with less canvas).

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Yeah, my Jeep is good. I got a bit carried away with some of the mods but I'm happy with it. It's constantly evolving. Overkill to some, but frankly I could give a damn about what others think. I enjoy it and whoever is along with me does, too but it's usually just me.

dieselbigot

Adventurer
Smaller Scale

IMG_0412.jpgWhile mine is certainly not as grand as some, and I lack that awesome rear porch,it serves my purpose. My goal was to create a lighter more nimble version of a pop up camper that could access very remote areas and tight trails. The pop out drawer in the back holds larger tools and a full set of spare axles, the drop down side have my fridge/freezer, slide out kitchen, LPG tank, chairs, cooking gear and most importantly a full bar :sombrero:
IMG_0917.jpgIMG_0925.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 169

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Yes I like it too. Interesting half enclosed, half open design. What was the idea behind that?

dieselbigot

Adventurer
If you are referring to the fact that there is an open space between the cargo area and the upper structure that holds the RTT, I originally had plans to mount a light weight rack on that flat area for duffel bags or various crap that would not fit in the enclosed cargo space, but after camping with it for a while I love 3 things about having that space clean and flat. 1) great visibility when wheeling 2) everything I carry is dust & waterproof...no need to deal with a dusty bag of clothes 3) that area now acts as a huge table so when I unpack the inside, nothing has to go on the ground when you are camping in muddy/wet conditions. Here are a couple of shots during the build...the one on the left gives you a great idea of just how much flat space there is and on the right is the inside of the cargo area before I added a divider.

dieselbigot

Adventurer
Thanks for the info. It's a very nice and unusual design. Looks super well made to.

Thanks Rob...I've read in great detail about your amazing creations so will take that as the highest compliment! I have to give all the credit to my fabricator Don at FCFab in Stockton CA...he took my beat up rock crawler and this lousy sketch and made it something very unique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke