Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

TEX82Trooper

My wife and I are now hooked on this series and have us playing with the idea of a long-term trip similar to it. Well done series as well.

CYK

Adventurer
haha your funny, feed back is exactly why Clay and the team has sponsors in the first place. I deal with this stuff every single day. I was not being negative in my comment at all and there for do not need to be jumped on by people who have zero clue. I have not missed an episode from day one and the team knows this. To say that production crews do not do focus groups is false. Any kind of business that is continually evolving uses those around them to help determine the next step and how their work is being viewed. Be it Clays sponsors or Clay and the team, if they want the series to grow, they will have to find ways to keep the greater audience interested and not just the select few. Don't like what I have to say tough... Block me and move along

Don't you realize that you're nothing special, that the world doesn't revolve around us in this forum? I hear this kind of "I'm an expert trust me" bs all over the internet. The internet is so anonymous and so full of data you can easily be deluged by it. There are narrow-minded, spec crunching, 0-60mph, compare xyz shock armchair QBs who simply spew stuff via keyboard out of convenience. This, by my observation, is 99% of the content.

So let's let them do what they do and use this thread to dig further into what they did/are doing/want to do. If you don't like the fact that the Toyota trucks aren't the stars and there's not enough rock hugging clips, go and perform another fun search on youtube to drink yourself silly with a bunch of boring ******** content.

Humans are interested in humans. This season has been the best so far because it centers the spotlight on people like us living out the dream contiguous weeks at a time. If they are to grow their fan base, they need to have the stars be the people. We need to connect with Clay and whoever else on a much more personal level. It's a lifestyle that many of us would love to embrace and the vehicles just happen to be the mode of transportation.

Trust me, I love looking at car videos all day, but those are limited to one-off 10 min clips max as there are continual improvements made to the breed. With people, there's only of of us each - thank goodness for that!

gravedgr

SE Expedition Society
Don't you realize that you're nothing special, that the world doesn't revolve around us in this forum? I hear this kind of "I'm an expert trust me" bs all over the internet. The internet is so anonymous and so full of data you can easily be deluged by it. There are narrow-minded, spec crunching, 0-60mph, compare xyz shock armchair QBs who simply spew stuff via keyboard out of convenience. This, by my observation, is 99% of the content.

So let's let them do what they do and use this thread to dig further into what they did/are doing/want to do. If you don't like the fact that the Toyota trucks aren't the stars and there's not enough rock hugging clips, go and perform another fun search on youtube to drink yourself silly with a bunch of boring ******** content.

Humans are interested in humans. This season has been the best so far because it centers the spotlight on people like us living out the dream contiguous weeks at a time. If they are to grow their fan base, they need to have the stars be the people. We need to connect with Clay and whoever else on a much more personal level. It's a lifestyle that many of us would love to embrace and the vehicles just happen to be the mode of transportation.

Trust me, I love looking at car videos all day, but those are limited to one-off 10 min clips max as there are continual improvements made to the breed. With people, there's only of of us each - thank goodness for that!

Didn't you know everyone on the internet is a special snowflake that deserves for their opinion be heard and heeded? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ober27

Adventurer
I have to say that I'm a bit surprised at how controversial this thread has become. I appreciate what these folks are doing. I don't agree with everything they say or do, but I don't agree with everything anybody else says or does either. I have a lot of respect for the whole team and hope they can continue to inspire others like myself to follow dreams. I also recognize that this is a commercial venture, and that without their sponsors they likely couldn't do what they are doing. This may at times bias some content, but I for one will remember which companies are willing to go out on a limb to sponsor such activities, and will remember them when looking at product for purchase.
Thank you for the show' and all the work that goes into it.

Gregster

Observer
haha your funny, feed back is exactly why Clay and the team has sponsors in the first place. I deal with this stuff every single day. I was not being negative in my comment at all and there for do not need to be jumped on by people who have zero clue. I have not missed an episode from day one and the team knows this. To say that production crews do not do focus groups is false. Any kind of business that is continually evolving uses those around them to help determine the next step and how their work is being viewed. Be it Clays sponsors or Clay and the team, if they want the series to grow, they will have to find ways to keep the greater audience interested and not just the select few. Don't like what I have to say tough... Block me and move along

Ok, you've had your say. We've heard enough of this. Time to move on.

climber-420

Adventurer
Clay, and fellow EO's.......not a truck or vehicle oriented question, but what make and model of sheath knives are you guys carrying on your side. I have noticed it now for a few episodes, and mainly in the most recent. Just curious to see what other's carry, and why. Thank you for your input, and looking forward to the next episode. Safe travels.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Great videos! My wife came home when I was watching one, and we ended up starting over and watching all of them together. It got her excited about taking another trip so I'm a fan!

I don't want to get involved in the rambling but I will say that I'd love to see more off road and technical stuff as well.

As a side idea, some sort of "behind the scenes" episodes would be awesome! I for one would like to see more about the technical stuff, how you guys are managing to charge all of the devices, download video/audio etc. Has to be a bear to manage all that, especially I'm the beginning.

ripper1600

Adventure Seeker
Episode 9 Amazing again the wife and I both hated it being over so quick. We can't wait to find out what happens in episode 10.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Ok, you've had your say. We've heard enough of this. Time to move on.

First off, yes I did have my say, I personally do not give a rip if you want to move on or not. Second, You are not the one who was attacked for no damn good reason.
CYK can kick rocks for all I care, try reading an effing book for a change and maybe even learning what the acronym TQM means. Like it or not sponsors look to Clay and the guys work and determine if they are a good match and if the videos that Clay's team puts out will help them sell their products. If production stagnates of does not step up, they will lose sponsors that are vital to the production.

Again I was not taking a dig at Clay and the guys at all. It was a simple observation from past episodes vs a couple of this seasons.

I have been a member of this community for a hell of a long time, don't like it, go some where else.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
OK guys, ... let's dial this back a notch.
Many of you are in violation of the terms of use with the banter and tenor of your responses.

This needs to be in the spirit of camaraderie and fun.

Keep it civil.

Thank you.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I'd like to also add, ... I have heard some other sites refer to this as mickey mouse and "hey we tried to get out in the out back so we got stuck, gave up and drove back to town for a pizza.
Never judge until you have walked another man's shoes.

I for one can tell you I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and in one sitting had my wife keep saying, let's watch the next one. We have a date tonight to watch episode 9. Can't wait.

Carry on.

D

grimbo

Explorer
I guess getting some long term impressions of the vehicle and it's mods in this trip is going to be hard to get. Hopefully you can answer it at the end of the series.

Would be interested to hear what things worked and what you would change

noJeepshere

Adventurer
While all y'all were bickering and polluting this build thread with nonsense, some of us enjoyed some free entertainment provided by guys that are going on adventures and being so kind as to do professional level trip report movies, instead of the usual novels and accompanying pictures. Emphasis on free.

I watched the episode last night, and I enjoyed it! I drove tour buses over that highway all summer a few years ago, and it could be quite the adventure. Also, at the end of the season I drove my truck over it and left my old front license plate in the bar at chicken, I wonder if it's still there...

And I could see the cause of your consternation at the end of the episode where the Land Cruiser's tire was very wobbly! Either a bent rim/flange or missing lug nuts/broken studs, both of which I've dealt with in my travels. Either way, not good, and I hope the fix wasn't too hard or costly.

Keep up the good work Clay and crew!

cent frum a smaert fone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior