Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

Subspd

Adventurer
I really have enjoyed the show. It's been well done. However like many here I agree that it got too storyline'ish this time. More actual off road exploration would have made for a much more exciting show. Honestly I know you didn't want to break anything but it would have been great tv if you had pushed more to the limit of those amazing rigs. It also would have helped the rest of us to see just how far those built rigs could go. I am sure you have seen the old Camel Trophy videos and those guys were hardcore overlanders. Would love to see more of that instead of the pizza shops. :)

With all of that said I am sure that you guys were trying to broaden the appeal by doing a more people based show. Just my .02

Thanks again for the show and for giving all these great details on your builds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StarJumper

New to the forum. New to overlanding. Enjoyed the show...greatly! I watched one and then watched every single episode back to back. I couldn't stop!

I was watching some of the earlier shows and it seems like the LC 100 got in more trouble than the Tacoma. Was this just the way it looks edited or was that really the case? If so would you attribute it to the extra weight, gearing and/or towing the trailer?

Explorer
I really have enjoyed the show. It's been well done. However like many here I agree that it got too storyline'ish this time. More actual off road exploration would have made for a much more exciting show. Honestly I know you didn't want to break anything but it would have been great tv if you had pushed more to the limit of those amazing rigs. It also would have helped the rest of us to see just how far those built rigs could go. I am sure you have seen the old Camel Trophy videos and those guys were hardcore overlanders. Would love to see more of that instead of the pizza shops. :)

With all of that said I am sure that you guys were trying to broaden the appeal by doing a more people based show. Just my .02

Thanks again for the show and for giving all these great details on your builds!

I really appreciated that they spent time with the locals, and learned about the people and places. There are a million videos of people crashing up capable 4x4's. I think the storyline seems genuine and better than any "reality" show I've seen in a long time. If it's not a little boring at times, I'll guarantee it's not real.

Subspd

Adventurer
I like the human element as well. Not saying that it shouldn't have that at all. As a matter of fact your right we don't need another video of stupid 4wd antics. I was just saying that the actual travel seemed tame at times. Maybe it wasn't? But except for a few spots it certainly seemed like it was. Just a little but more of the off the beaten path adventure would have been welcome. Some of this in the Toyotas would be amazing... http://youtu.be/UGWp8R-IqoE

Again I enjoy the show and watched every episode. Not trying to dig on anyone as I think they all did a great job! Just offering a little friendly feedback from me and a couple friends sitting and watching it. Looking forward to next season for sure.

CYK

Adventurer
The show isn't about Toyota the motor vehicle. What makes it entertaining and sustainable for an entire season of episodes and then some is the human element. Character development. Mother Nature.

Let the guy do what he wants. If you don't like it, then make your own show. Clay and company are living the dream and are working hard to show us a slice of it online.

The cars are just props -highly capable ones we already know can handle the rigors of overlanding. Ok next.

ripper1600

Adventure Seeker
Hey clay love your work. I have watched the first season videos a few times it's awesome. I was able to get my wife to watch the second season with me and we both love it. We both get disappoint when each episode ends though. We always want to see what's going to happen next. Keep the videos coming.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Hey guys, the last episode was really sweet. I agree with the above that it's great to hear the local stories and see you guys experiencing your travels.

I had the good fortune to meet Ryan at the Billings home improvement show today. Really nice guy. He was a bit taken aback that someone randomly came up to him and knew his name. :D

Great work guys!

grimbo

Explorer
The show isn't about Toyota the motor vehicle. What makes it entertaining and sustainable for an entire season of episodes and then some is the human element. Character development. Mother Nature.

Let the guy do what he wants. If you don't like it, then make your own show. Clay and company are living the dream and are working hard to show us a slice of it online.

The cars are just props -highly capable ones we already know can handle the rigors of overlanding. Ok next.

Nothing wrong with giving feedback as a viewer. Need to hear all kinds of feedback to improve on the end product. That one bit of feedback could make all the difference.

I have been enjoying the series but have found it a tad serious at times,

CYK

Adventurer
Difference as a means to what end? End product as it stands now is pretty friggn solid.

Anonymous Internet feedback is suspect at best.

grimbo

Explorer
Difference as a means to what end? End product as it stands now is pretty friggn solid.

To a better product that addresses an issue that they may not have thought about.

No question it's a good product but feedback from your viewers regardless of being anonymous or not, is a valuable tool. Especially if it is more than, great job, love it, awesome etc.

Subspd

Adventurer

I would be happy to talk to them face to face with what I said. Like I have made very clear I am a big fan! I was just saying that the episodes with more action / adventure experiences were better, again, to me. But sounds like many don't want anything to change. Thats why YouTube exists we all have different tastes and like things a little different.

To Clay and the gang I say 'great job' and 'thank you for making the series'!

Gregster

Observer
So when's the next show???? :lurk:

I tried checking on xoverland.com but that web page is giving my computer fits and won't load or respond.

Kole

Adventurer
Gregster, according to Facebook the next episode comes out tonight! Probably 5PM their time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94